• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music What are You Listening To? XVI

Years
    Tbh, I tend to search for at least a song to like of every genre I'm introduced to, but if I were to say which genres I'm most invested in I'd say rock and its subgenera. I grew up listening to my father's records, which were mostly rock, and started really getting into music when a friend gifted me Guitar Hero Aerosmith on my 10th birthday and eventually learned to play the drums because of how much I liked rock.

The main reason I actively try to enjoy a little of every genre is because I find playing music to be very therapeutic and learning to play new and different things feels somewhat like learning new things about myself!

Also, I love Nirvana's take on this song!

Yeah, I love listening to a bit of everything too!

Rock isn't very prevalent in Korea I'm afraid... Japan is far better for that!

Finding k-pop songs to suit your own tastes is never easy, because so much of the popular stuff sounds pretty similar right now. You need to go digging!

What I tend to do is listen to radio stations from around the world online, and make a note of any song I like. I've discovered quite a few artists I like this way!

I always try to attach a video to my posts for the same reason, it's super simple to just click play and hear the song, and some people might even like it :)

Right now:

The Easybeats - Friday on my Mind

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    Yeah, I love listening to a bit of everything too!

Rock isn't very prevalent in Korea I'm afraid... Japan is far better for that!

Finding k-pop songs to suit your own tastes is never easy, because so much of the popular stuff sounds pretty similar right now. You need to go digging!

What I tend to do is listen to radio stations from around the world online, and make a note of any song I like. I've discovered quite a few artists I like this way!

I always try to attach a video to my posts for the same reason, it's super simple to just click play and hear the song, and some people might even like it :)

Right now:

The Easybeats - Friday on my Mind

I love J-rock! To me it really stands out as a genre due to how unique most songs are, while still keeping little things that really identify them as Japanese!

Oh, that's a great idea! Do you have any stations to recommend?

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    tigers jaw - new detroit
    What are You Listening To? XVI

Years
    I love J-rock! To me it really stands out as a genre due to how unique most songs are, while still keeping little things that really identify them as Japanese!

Oh, that's a great idea! Do you have any stations to recommend?

I tend to flip between a few, but my personal favourites for kpop are the Aewen Radio stations, because they play a mix of everything, and they aren't averse to playing older songs, as well as the newer stuff :)

Quick tip - I Shazam any song I like while it's playing, so I don't need to bother logging it manually 😉

Right now I'm listening to:

J-Min - Waiting for You

Years
    The Clash - I Fought the Law'

i heard Green Day's cover of this first, so for the longest time i thought it was their song lol.

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
    I tend to flip between a few, but my personal favourites for kpop are the Aewen Radio stations, because they play a mix of everything, and they aren't averse to playing older songs, as well as the newer stuff :)

Quick tip - I Shazam any song I like while it's playing, so I don't need to bother logging it manually 😉

Right now I'm listening to:

J-Min - Waiting for You

Sounds great, thank you!

Years
    Poster Girl - Album by Zara Larsson

Zara's my favorite artist, so this one's been highly anticipated for me and it didn't disappoint! Favorite song is either I Need Love or Need Someone...

Back