• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What game(s) have you replayed the most?

Years
  • We probably all have our preferences for Pokémon games to replay and I assume many of us have played through one game (or set of games) more often than others. What is that Pokémon game for you?

Years
  • I think Gen III games are really up there for me. Fire Red and Sapphire to be more precise. They are my go-to games for challenges. I can pretty much play them on autopilot.

Gen IV are probably right behind them, all thanks to Johto remakes. I like them, but they take longer to play and don't have that interesting fights in my opinion.

Years
    • Seen today
    Individual game: Platinum (Four times, never played original Diamond and Pearl so all my Sinnoh Gen 4 playthroughs were on Platinum)

Set of games: Pretty sure G+S+C, I did at least five playthroughs if we count the three versions combined.

Not including rom hacks, just vanilla games, otherwise FRLG would win for obvious reasons, but I've only played vanilla Leaf Green once.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Played Moon, X, and Sword about four times each. Prefers Moon of those. Needs to tighten up the rules on the other two.

Barely replayed any of the older games. Hated to erase the save file.

Years
  • Probably ORAS. I played through AS 3 times for all the Deoxys forms. Also played OR once, but it had a much completer PokeDex so I never wanted to reset it.
    There's also RS which I've both played 3 times each as well.

Also ran through the Crystal VC multiple times for Celebi's, but lost count of how many runs that was... probably more than 3.
    Might actually be the Crystal VC then if going by single game.

Most other games only have one playthrough in each copy, except for Sword & Shield, which have both been played through twice.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Emerald for me. For a couple years (or at least it felt like that) it was my first and only game, so I would endlessly replay it and start over. I remember I could get to Hall of Fame in 16hrs flat consistently. LeafGreen got a lot of play too but I got that later and used to migrate my team to DP which took weeks.

Once I actually had one or two more to play, its honestly hard to say. I don't think I'll have put more hours into a specific save than my current Sword one (406 exactly at last save), but that's my first save on that game. Platinum and HeartGold are my two favourites from Gen IV but I started with Diamond and played that quite a few times before it got damaged. Black must have had at least 6 playthroughs now too.

In terms of time spent - excluding the insane amount of breeding I've done in the Gen 8 games - it'll be either Emerald, Diamond, LeafGreen, or HeartGold I'd imagine - my 2011 Platinum save still existed in 2021 and I did at least 3 playthroughs of HG in that time. Number of saves, Emerald is ahead by an astronomical unit.

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness. I've replayed these games an immeasurable amount of times. The utter joy they bring me is unmatched. The storyline will never get old to me, each and every time I play either of these games it's a heavenly experience, one that brings about a child-like warmth and happiness from within. <3

Heartgold, D&P are also up there. Pearl was my first Pokémon game ever and brings about such nostalgia every time I replay it and I feel a similar connection to HGSS.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Oh I've replayed Platinum almost too many times. When I was new to the forums I remembered mentioning I had a fleeting interest of learning to speedrun it. It was that game I'd always go back to if I needed cheering up.

Outside of that, Gen 5 as a whole and USUM are up there. They're probably the ones (outside of Platinum) where I could comfortably just breeze through them and use the replay as an excuse to try out Pokemon I've never used before. Like Durant and Minior. That's the big reason I ever go back, outside of just, y'know, having sold my soul to this series.

Years
  • Gen 5 definitely, both BW and BW2. I love those games so much. I can replay them multiple times a year.

Also HGSS.

Back