• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What hurts? (Emotionally)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been feeling vulnerable lately. Feels like living a life in safety is in direct opposition with enjoying said life.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • I know I should be doing something productive, but I can't bring myself to do anything. These past few days there were no classes and I've just been a lazy bum wasting my time with games and Youtube. I should be studying for finals, but I literally don't know how to study...

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • I know I should be doing something productive, but I can't bring myself to do anything. These past few days there were no classes and I've just been a lazy bum wasting my time with games and Youtube. I should be studying for finals, but I literally don't know how to study...

Been there, though I managed to do it by staying off PC. Not saying you should do it too, just do whatever suits you. Good luck.

Right now: Feeling empty, yet troubled. I really just wanna cry and scream, but I don't even have the energy nor the willpower to do that too.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    crippling depression that's leaving me too high functional to do anything about but too low functional for me to actually function

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • ^ Feeling exactly the same as Riki above (sending hugs to everyone in this thread 🤗)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    You know how in modern times people are always telling others that "they need to get their life in order by themselves"? Seems like it never occurs to them that there are people out there who have been waking up in the morning and for over ten years have been frustrated that they're still alive every time. <_<

Years
  • We shouldn't have to, though. Western society is too focused on the individual, leaving people with little support and a tendency of others to exploit people to get ahead.
    We need to focus on community and family. Working together for a better society. Without all this pressure to do things on your own, we'd be much healthier.

That's my perception on modern times, anyway. I absolutely understand what you mean. Whether sick or not, I have those days.

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Sad, just gave up on a friend because they supposedly gave up on me. It was really hard too, considering I really did like them. Made me question myself if I actually do deserve anyone as a friend or not. Do I deserve anyone at all?

Sometimes it feels like a friend is someone who always looks out for you. Someone who holds you close to them.

But times like this is when I feel a friend is someone who leaves you just when you need them most. That's why the "end" in friend.

And IDK which one is right anymore.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Just the usual loneliness. Not too bad at the moment, though.
    Sad, just gave up on a friend because they supposedly gave up on me. It was really hard too, considering I really did like them. Made me question myself if I actually do deserve anyone as a friend or not. Do I deserve anyone at all?

Sometimes it feels like a friend is someone who always looks out for you. Someone who holds you close to them.

But times like this is when I feel a friend is someone who leaves you just when you need them most. That's why the "end" in friend.

And IDK which one is right anymore.
    True friends reveal themselves in a time of need. If that person gave up on you without even trying to talk things out then they were probably never a friend to begin with. It's still sad, though. Losing a friend always hurts a lot. :(

Retek

Banned
    Years
  • Just the usual loneliness. Not too bad at the moment, though.

True friends reveal themselves in a time of need. If that person gave up on you without even trying to talk things out then they were probably never a friend to begin with. It's still sad, though. Losing a friend always hurts a lot. :(

You're right Megan. That being said, it still hurts a lot. ;-;

I'm still here to talk with if you need me, I for one know it hurts a lot and wouldn't want to see you in pain. :')

Last edited:
    Years
  • When I made such an effort to drive ants away from my home the past week, and they still manage to completely invade our eggs. Ugh. Fridge is literally packed to the brim now bcs everything we could've put on the pantry has to go in there else the ants get to it.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    I've developed another unhealthy crush in a short period of time. Last time this happened I kept it a secret and managed to lose the feelings before I felt the urge to tell them. This is a good thing since they wouldn't have reciprocated. I'm pretty sure the person I'm currently crushing on doesn't either. The problem is I don't know if I can keep it a secret again. I've lost friendships and acquaintanceships over this sort of thing, so I'm trying to be very careful.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've developed another unhealthy crush in a short period of time. Last time this happened I kept it a secret and managed to lose the feelings before I felt the urge to tell them. This is a good thing since they wouldn't have reciprocated. I'm pretty sure the person I'm currently crushing on doesn't either. The problem is I don't know if I can keep it a secret again. I've lost friendships and acquaintanceships over this sort of thing, so I'm trying to be very careful.
    Relatable. I go through the same phases of crushing on people, arguing with myself over whether to be honest about it or not, etc. The only issue is that I'm the one in a committed, long term relationship and would not be able to reciprocate. Most of the time I just keep my mouth shut and let the crush subside on its own. Idk if it's just the way my mind works but I get so involved and infatuated with people! I can't help that I wear my heart on my sleeve or that I care a little too much. But I can decide how to act on those feelings and, at the end of the day, I know where my loyalties are.

Nevertheless, best of luck to you - from another bleeding heart.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Being told that the way you styled your hair makes you fat and get forced to change it. Always nice :))

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Honestly? How fragile international friendships can be in the current world context, and specifically how hard it has become for me as an Argentinian to connect with Americans.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Okay I know there's this "please write in English so we all know what's going on" rule but please mods or whoever work with me and give me a chance to reply to this in Spanish, I could very well do it in English as you know but there are some particular circumstances here and google translate is pretty phenomenal these days anyway.

Honestly? How fragile international friendships can be in the current world context, and specifically how hard it has become for me as an Argentinian to connect with Americans.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Grief stricken.

Lost a family member late last year to alcoholism. He was placed into a coma for detox, and did not make it.

Hits me like a wave and at times I begin to really miss him. We got our covid vaccinations together during the pandemic. He kindly helped me get through my weird distain of needles.

Hope I can see him on the other side someday. The friendliest and most gentle person I had ever met, even when he was struggling.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • @Ivysaur: ...Holy moly. I saw this last night and all I can do right now is thank you immensely for it. Especially for conveying it in Spanish, with the permission of the mods. I'll gather my thoughts to continue later over DMs since I'm on mobile at the moment, but I just wanted you to know that I really appreciate this insight. Gracias de todo corazón.

@ZeoStar: Just read your post too. I'm really sorry for your loss. Everyone experiences grief at their own pace, so do remember to take it easy on yourself - especially because it happened so recently.

Back