• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the 4 seasonal outfits do you like most?

Which seasonal school outfit do you like most?

• Spring

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Summer

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Autumn

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Winter

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
Years
  • There are 4 seasonal school outfits in this game.

Spoiler:

The outfits seen here are for Scarlet, so all orange parts will be purple if you're playing Violet.

Which of these do you like most & are currently wearing?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Spring and Winter. Never was a fan of shorts so the other two are automatically out

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Spring by process of elimination.

- No to Summer's shorts.
    - Why would you wear shorts and a padded vest? Clashes kind of bad.
    - Feels very lopsided in Winter. Likens it to a Zoom meeting. Dressed up for the top. Wore whatever for the bottom.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Honestly, none of them.

I would have told you otherwise in the past, but I absolutely despise ties and I hate that there's no option to remove them. I'm not keen on the whole suit-like uniform either.

Why was it made into a rule that students can't ever remove their uniforms while at Naranja/Uva Academy, anyway? That's one of the crappiest instances of Gameplay and Story Integration I've ever seen in any game. Not to mention, it gives the school a bad look. The more I think about it, the more screwed up the Academy seems.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • As soon as my game arrives on Monday as I was told based on tracking information, I will update this post as soon as I notice the different outfits.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I think it is different more than just the orange color, because my winter outfit is black and looks amazing in Violet. It is why it is my favorite.

Last edited:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • The winter outfit, hands down. I am sad that all the nice leggings go to waste with it, but I refuse to wear the shorts.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of either outfit. I wish more shops existed that allowed you to wear what you want to wear like in Pokémon Sword and Shield. I don't see why the game just can't change you into the school uniform when you're in school. However, if I had to pick one, I would choose the summer one, I guess. I guess removing the hat and putting on some cool shoes without socks to go with the shorts makes my character look more feminine, I guess.

DT Valentina

Dragon Trainer in Training
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Dec 8, 2022
    Only one I kind of like is the Spring outfit in Violet only because it somewhat reminds me of Drayden's outfit from Black and White

NoobMaster_6ix9

NoobMaster
    Years
  • I get the theme of the game about being a student & school uniforms but this was a step back from Sword/Shield.

I hate my trainer having to wear Purple pants or shorts all the time.

It makes shopping for clothing items tacky & useless.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • The main thing that I hate about these outfits is that none of them seem feminine, as if Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are attempting to do away with gender specific clothing. I have noticed that this even applies to many of the trainer classes, as many of the women in this game could easily be mistaken for men, especially the female Hikers, and vice-versa. I fail to understand why Pokémon Scarlet and Violet didn't go the route they always have with outfits. For instance, Youngsters tend to dress like boys with T-shirts and shorts and Lasses always wore what appeared to be a school uniform with skirts and clothes for females. I don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing for the school uniforms in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet as well. I am disappointed.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • The main thing that I hate about these outfits is that none of them seem feminine, as if Pokémon Scarlet and Violet are attempting to do away with gender specific clothing. I have noticed that this even applies to many of the trainer classes, as many of the women in this game could easily be mistaken for men, especially the female Hikers, and vice-versa. I fail to understand why Pokémon Scarlet and Violet didn't go the route they always have with outfits. For instance, Youngsters tend to dress like boys with T-shirts and shorts and Lasses always wore what appeared to be a school uniform with skirts and clothes for females. I don't see why they couldn't have done the same thing for the school uniforms in Pokémon Scarlet and Violet as well. I am disappointed.

This. It's almost like they equated "gender-neutral" with "masculine by default" like in PLA, and it's kind of disappointing. I'm still bothered the most by the mandatory ties, too. Why not let me have a cute ribbon or heck, nothing constricting my neck at all? Most school uniforms I've had to wear incorporated polo T-shirts with the school logo - and heck, in later years, the high school I went to even issued round-necked tees with the school's signature colors! I don't see why they couldn't have done that.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Summer manages to look the least Gossip Girl to me, so that's…something?

Other than the fact that apparently there's a Daft Punk helmet, trainer customisation in SV is awful. They took the worst feature from SwSh - the fact that all those "uniform" outfits couldn't be worn in the gym battles, you were stuck with the white challenger uniform even after becoming Champion - and applied it to the entire game.

Also r.e. the gender neutral thing…there are also a lot of "students" who look to be about 70! I know a couple look really young in that cutscene that starts the game, but still…I think a designer liked that 30 Rock meme and nobody else got the joke so it was left in.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    Spring and winter, ended up choosing Spring. The other two definitely nope.

Anxiety's cut your blood Chasing all your ghosts
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    Spring and Winter for me as I am not really fan of shorts

Back