• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Do you go by any, and how did you earn them?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Pumpkin - nickname my mom and dad call me bc i was a chubby baby i'm sure
    T-Bone - nickname my old best friend's dad used to call me. said i was a convict that murdered people with a t-bone steak and thus how i got the name ( i don't know ok he came up with the story i rolled with it )
    Little T - bc there's two taras at my work (Big Tara and Little Tara aka me). some employees and coworkers would call me Little T as a result.
    Tarararararara - Fletch's nickname for me yes i had to add it here

I don't really have many since my name is so short pft.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I got the nickname "Stalex" in high school. Even though my first name is actually Stephen, I've always gone by my middle name Alex since my dad's name is also Stephen. I moved before my freshman year of high school so I was the new kid and people were a bit confused by that and the nickname was a fun homage to that and it stuck until we graduated.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • My name is Emily, so I get called Emmy and Em (eyy). My mom sometimes calls me Emo (EE-mo), playing off my name and melancholy demeanor. :giggle: My dad has always called me Pup, which is adorable and so important to me.
    A funnier one is...Small Cheese. :tongue-poke: Basically, my mom was ordering a pizza over the phone, and I heard her clarify, 'yes, small cheese'. After she hung up, I joked that that should be my new nickname, and it actually stuck! :giggle: I do like my cheese...

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Shorty, Short One, Midget, Midgey, Fun Size.

They all have to do with the fact that I'm short and won't grow anymore. xD

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    high school delivered the affectionate nickname of BFG, where the f stood for a different word entirely lmao
    nothing empowers a high schooler more than finding new ways to apply slurs lmaooooo

i miss that name

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Soap / Soapy - Came from an old e-mail I made when I was in Year 3. Some of my online friends call me this a lot, and maybe like 2 - 3 friends in real life? There's another nickname that comes from the 2nd part of the e-mail but it involves my last name - people call me that a lot too. :D

Greg - Was dared to call myself Greg (Greg the First specifically) for a Starbucks order for a free drink, did it and now get called Greg sometimes by certain friends.

Dopey - literally one person calls me this and I forgot why, nothing to do with drugs though

Young Potato - my sister started calling me this and she can't stop its been like 4 years... she says I am a potato. Fair enough

Fifi - My mum has called me this my entire life semi-frequently! I like it.

Those are the main ones that don't use my last name!

Years
  • Pumpkin - nickname my mom and dad call me bc i was a chubby baby i'm sure
    T-Bone - nickname my old best friend's dad used to call me. said i was a convict that murdered people with a t-bone steak and thus how i got the name ( i don't know ok he came up with the story i rolled with it )
    Little T - bc there's two taras at my work (Big Tara and Little Tara aka me). some employees and coworkers would call me Little T as a result.
    Tarararararara - Fletch's nickname for me yes i had to add it here

I don't really have many since my name is so short pft.

Fellow T-Bone reporting for duty orz

My mom, uncle, and sister's used to call me that growing up. Also Ty, T, TyTy...and that's it, I think.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I've really only ever been called "Jo". Which is just a shortened version of my real name.

Years
  • My nickname has become Go Away. People frequently call me that, as well as Urgh, Stop That and Aaaaaaaaarghhhh. It used to be Retard so I'm regarding this as a bit of a promotion, really.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
  • Some call me "Alce", which is basically moose in Portuguese. It's probably because it resembles my name a bit.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    小女 / 小女兒 - "little girl" in Chinese
    Pretty straightforward, everyone in my family called me this when I was a little girl. Over the years it's been shortened to just 女 ("girl") sometimes

Mouse / mousey / stupid mouse stop eating my cereal
    My brother likes to give people animal nicknames based on characteristics, and he says I'm small but I eat everything so I'm a mouse

Karoon
    2 years ago, my friends and I met a Japanese exchange student who had a bit of an accent - he called my friend Nicole "Neecole", and we kind of adopted his accent and just applied it to other names, and I became Karoon (that's not even how he said my name but my other friends just like stretching out vowels now)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Well, my real name is Kimberly. Family usually calls me by my real name. Anyone else often calls me Kimi instead, which I prefer over my real name now more than anything else. I'm not Japanese either. I didn't really know it was at the time, and I mainly just liked how it was spelled. I wanted something that was unique. Originally, I came across the spelling after seeing Kimi Finster from the Rugrats. See, my mom used to hate people calling me that, even my grandfather when he was alive. However, someone told her that she should let people call me that as a memory of him, so she did. :3

Other nicknames I've been called are Adorbz, which is fine since not everyone knows I go by Kimi. ^^;

Years
  • I've never really had a nickname whereas everyone else in my friendship group back in Liverpool have all had loads. It's actually funny when we talk about it because they then 'try' to give me a nickname and then it never even sticks for 10 minutes haha. No one in my friendship circle here in Guangzhou really does nicknames and it's never really been a thing in the family either, never got one at uni or when travelling around with people in my early 20s. I've always just been John. Even my username here: 'Yue Han' (约翰) means John haha.

Years
  • jan, janjan, janna banana (by people who know the pronunciation of my name doesn't rhyme with banana, but say it anyway because they r silly aaaa), sheepie, sheeple, bo peep, j (by some co-workers), lillie (from pokémon, because i behave similarly), and a bunch of other sweet nicknames the bf calls me that i won't bother saying here haha.

karen, yours are adorable! ;_;

Bay

Years
  • In the internet I've been called Michael Bay, Baygel, and Bae. Irl I've people called me Vicky, Shortstop, and Shorty (basically similar to Caite-chan, haha). My mom also gave me a couple Khmer nicknames, one of which named after a nice smelling flower.

Back