• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

identify yourself

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Thread remake! What is your gender and sexuality?

Feel free to tell us how you realized or "came out" if that applies to you, or don't if you prefer to just simply state your preferred labels.

Note: This thread is not a place for discussing genders or sexuality :)

pkmin3033

I don't have a gender or a sexuality - I'm just me. I did away with these concepts a long time ago because I refuse to be defined by such restrictive and inaccurate labels. I am nothing more or less than myself.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
I'm really still exploring, so I'm not sure if I should even be here, or if I will change the way I define myself in the future. But as things stand now...

Being male, which is what everyone has always seen me as anyways, feels good enough. I'm also definitely straight, and a bit of a hopeless romantic if you will. That thing though... no, that thing I don't really like being a part of. I can safely tell by now that I'm on the asexual spectrum in a way or another.

Now, does anyone know about this? Online, yes - also because this is how I've stumbled upon this label in the first place. But offline, nobody knows yet - or more likely, they just know what my general attitude is on the matter but don't know the reason behind it - which can lead to some awkward situations but is otherwise totally fine 😊

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
I'm Pansexual. I came out online about four years ago? I always thought I was bisexual from about the age of 18/19, but as I grew and started learning more about myself, I suppose I figured it.
I'm still figuring myself out though.

As for gender, I'm female, but i'm me. As in, I go with whatever. Male, female, I'd rather not assign the "norms" of that. I'm not 100% sure how to put it myself.

Years
Technically, I'd fall under demisexual since I generally will not experience that kind of attraction towards a person I don't already have a fairly strong emotional connection with. Although, that's not to say I can't appreciate someone's appearance from an aesthetic standpoint without a connection. Buuuuuuuut, I don't really feel the need to advertise this or "come-out" or whatever since I'm of the variety that is very much only sexually attracted to women. I just won't experience that attraction unless the right conditions are met. So, to answer this question, I normally just say I'm straight because it's less complicated and describes what people actually want to know when they ask.

Interestingly enough, I only fully realised that there was actually a label to describe this about 6-7 months ago. It wasn't exactly a special moment or anything. It was basically "This sounds like you" and my essential response of "Oh. So it does. Cool."

Gender-wise, I 100% just consider myself male. It's what I was born as, it feels right.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
i'm probably agenderflux or just straight up agender with feminine presentation. still exploring. remember that it's fine to dress and look in whatever way makes you happy, and it doesn't have to correlate to your gender identity~<3

also i'm apparently biromantic or something, it is very confusing.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
I'm heterosexual and a male, but in my mind, I'm just a person that "happens to be born male". Like I'd rather refer people as people than gender, if that makes sense.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I always try to keep an open mind in regards to my personal identity because I'm sure that if I knew about being transgender as a child I would have made strides to transition to male, but for the time being it's not something that presses on my psyche drastically.

I'm bio female and female presenting. Polyromantic and technically pansexual since gender identity doesn't play a role in sexual attraction for me -- but I like to use lesbian since (despite being in a het relationship) I'm primarily attracted to feminine characteristics.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
I'm a female and also a tomboy. Growing up, I wasn't interested in dresses, make up, dolls, and the like and I'm still like this today. I don't think I will ever change this as I'm happy with my tomboyish nature.

As for sexuality, Asexual is probably the closest. Just never had an interest in relationships as I'm happy being single.

Last edited:
Years
I think Dawn said it the best, as far as for my point of view on myself. Like I said last time in similar thread, I've been questioning my gender and sexuality for few years now since I realized that I like "girly or feminine" stuff and hated that it's called "girly or feminine" stuff. I found the idea that something is just for woman or for man stupid.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Female and .......heterosexual? Maybe? I'm definitely a lot more attracted to men than people of any other gender, but there's also a level of asexuality involved, so I've never been sure what to call myself. I guess heteromantic might be the best word for it.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Female and also lesbian - I had the "Oh I'm Gay" moment quite recently but knew I wasn't straight from 8th grade onwards. To cut a long story short, I identified as bi with a preference towards males for years, realised I misinterpreted my platonic feelings for males as romantic and that it was not normal to be so head over heels for girls. But I was in denial for years. I couldn't explain how I felt until my close friend showed me this Google Doc on compulsory heterosexuality and I realised how much of it resonated with me. Looking back on my life, I'm not sure how I did not realise earlier. But I gained certainty in my identity and I'm happy now with who I am in regard to it. :)

Am not out publicly in person, but have come out to close friends! All of them have been very accepting and I'm lucky in that a lot of the people I'm close with are part of the LGBT community too. Coming out is a constant process with new people but I think I will tell people eventually. I'm happy to move on if they don't accept me. Family on the other hand, I'm not ready for and don't know if I ever will be.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
Years
Trans male and queer. I just like people, that's the best way I can describe it.

I was questioning my identity for a good few months, but I came out on social media after several months of debating and thinking. My family is taking some time to.. adjust. Some of them have more difficulty than others. I'm not really out irl, due to me living in the south. Once I move I should hopefully have more space to be.. me, unapologetically.

Edit: I do want to add I feel more of an attraction towards men so my sexuality could technically be described as queer/mlm.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
Male, asexual/aromantic

I've never wanted to be in a relationship at all. Although I still cherish every single friendship.

Back