• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wedding bells

Bay

Years
  • Depends if I have a significant other and they strongly want to do that. If so and I can imagine being with them the rest of my life I would say yes. If not and they just want a long term relationship I would be fine with that too.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I'd love to be married! Especially since I'm going to settle down and have kids in my late twenties/early thirties. ^ ^

Revise and I are practically engaged, though unofficially! I mean, we both really do believe we've found a lifelong partner in one another, so if he proposed to me I'd say yes in a heartbeat. <333

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I think marriage is beautiful.

And... ah... I would very much love to marry a very special someone.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • met over twelve years ago, lived together starting a little over five years ago, got engaged four years ago, married almost two years ago now

it's chill

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Married my wife in May 2018. Knew her for a long time via the YouTube channel I used to run. Loved her so much, but I never thought I could be with her since she lived in Finland. A strange confluence of amazing things took place to forever change the course of my life -- I was able to live with my love, and get out of the US, a country I had long wished to leave. We've had ups and downs, but what's most important is we've had the ability to communicate through those downs and reach an understanding. It's made me a better and much more empathetic person.

Years
  • Married my wife in May 2018. Knew her for a long time via the YouTube channel I used to run. Loved her so much, but I never thought I could be with her since she lived in Finland. A strange confluence of amazing things took place to forever change the course of my life -- I was able to live with my love, and get out of the US, a country I had long wished to leave. We've had ups and downs, but what's most important is we've had the ability to communicate through those downs and reach an understanding. It's made me a better and much more empathetic person.

Whoa, I have a question! So if your wife lived in Finland, and you in the US, that means it was long distance for a bit, right?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I got married in December 2020. I was a nervous wreck on my wedding day as I hate being in the spotlight, but everything turned out just fine. I felt like a Disney princess honestly. I'm living my best life as I wake up next to my best friend & partner every day. Here is a pic of my wedding dress:
    Spoiler:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Having a lovely wedding would be one of the most adorable things ever, but in my case, I'm not sure. At this point, I don't think I can ever consider getting married unless I find that special someone. Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person that wonders what his or her special someone would be like as a person. It feels more like a pipe dream to keep my smiling, in my case.

Years
  • I'm not getting married because getting a divorce is too much of a hasstle.
    Also I'm the complete opposite of a trophy wife.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I would like to get married, but not until I can definitely support a wife and children - not that my wife shouldn't be able to help support us or anything, I just want to make sure that we're financially secure, whether she works or not. Since I'm not in a relationship or anything that should be fairly simple.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Expresses little interest in marriage. Could be convinced under the right circumstances. Deems that unlikely. Does not seek a relationship with anyone. Probably involves economic marriage benefits and being in a long-term living situation with someone (and wanting to continue that).

Years
  • Depends on mood. I have big aromantic phases where I am like "I wanna be alone and end up alone". It sounds sad but I have some of my best moments when I am alone.

Spoiler:

I also and mostly have moments when I would love to have a significant one in my life. Obviously, it's hard to find one, so imagine the "real one". I have absolutely no trust on the fact that I will find him lol. Anyway, on the idea of marriage, I don't really care. Deep inside, I would love having a nice but not too crazy marriage. On the other hand, it's just expensive and mostly meaningless to me since I am agnostic/atheist. I think there are law and economic privileges from being married, so if needed, I'd consider it.
    In general, I'd say I am mostly ok with skipping it, because it's not really that important. But, if things seem to be ok in life and there are possibilities to set it up, I wouldn't mind. I think it's also my insecurity to talk lol: I guess I like the idea of someone confirming me they love me.

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I probably won't get married for a variety of reasons, going from the fact that I just philosophically dislike the institution of marriage, the colonialized celebration of marriage that's very much not made for my country, all the way to the fact that it might just not be legally possible to begin with.

That said, I'm not against civil unions or just having longterm committed relationships though. I wouldn't hold my breath for either one though.

Years
  • Marriage is not a must for me. But for my girlfriend it is. I think it's very expensive haha. But if I would then. then somewhere in Italy or France.

Years
  • Spoiler:

I got married recently to my partner of 7 years. It was an amazing day and I'll never forget it. From our family, to our friends, to each other... it felt amazing finally being able to call him my husband, and myself his wife.

Before marrying we had already rented together for about three years, got our first place together two years ago, and were engaged for roughly five years while we continued to work on and enjoy our relationship. It felt like we were already married with all the developments we made together over time, but we were definitely engaged for a longer time to make sure we were wholeheartedly ready for marriage - as we were both worried that it would completely change our dynamic. We came to realise that this wasn't going to be the case, and it's actually bringing us closer together.

But we are still newlyweds, so it's all fresh. There will still be struggles and arguments between us at times. Just like in any relationship it takes two to make it work through anything, and an equal share of that work must come from each side. So likeliness is when there's issues in our marriage, we're not going to roll over and call it quits. We'll work, bond and laugh through it together, like we always have done until now.

Last edited:

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • For me, I'm still wondering when this day would come and who my spouse would be. I'm still wondering how this could even happen for me in the first place. In addition, when is the best age to marry? Maybe if I could answer these questions and figure something out, things would change for me.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Planning on proposing in a month's time :) Started dating almost 8 years ago. Technically met her way further back. Wild to think the moment's on the horizon. Picking out a ring is way harder than I excepted haha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I proposed a couple of years ago and then spent 1.5 years planning the day. It went pretty much perfectly and honestly was the best day of my life. I wish I could go back and relive it again and again. The happiness that permeated the day was just beyond everything.

Being married is also amazing. I love my spouse immensely and they make me happier than anybody ever has. I have not doubted or regretted the decision to tie us together, not even once. Compared to how turbulent my emotional life has been at times in the past, I am now harmonious and secure, and confident that as long as me and my partner have each other, our lives will be good. I even changed my name to match theirs and it feels good.

However, I have been extremely lucky. I hope that people don't choose to bond together in this tight fashion (or by having kids together, for that matter) unless they truly can't see any red flags. All those jokes about how wives and husbands are angry or annoyed at each other, they're very sad. It shouldn't be like that. We deserve someone who actually is willing to see us happy, at all possible times. :)

Back