• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

let's talk pc dating

Years
it's february 1st here, and it should come as of no surprise that it's the month of ~* love *~ and all of that stuff. but more importantly, let's discuss the meat of the matter: pc dating.

i'm going to be rather straightforward here -- would you consider dating a member on this forum? be 100% honest, no need to be shy. after all, several relationships have started on the very forums you're posting on currently! the whole "pc is match.com" thing didn't come out of nowhere.

for those who are in relationships that started here, i must ask: did you ever foresee yourself dating someone on this forum? how did it start? as a bonus question, how do you feel about long-distance relationships?

i look forward to the (hopefully interesting) responses!

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I've never seen anything wrong with long-distance relationships, or those that have come about as a result of interaction online. People are more genuine online because they have more time to think about what they're going to say, less risk of reprisal if they say something "wrong", and are more in control of who they interact with and how...can't block people or not talk offline. Trust me on this, I've tried. There's also no judging based on appearance, which is the biggest problem with first impressions irl...and yes, I say this with bitterness as an ugly person, so sue me.

Of course there is the risk of misinterpretation/outright lying, and there IS a difference between someone's online personality who they are offline that comes from not having the time to think about what they're going to say, and added dimensions of tone and body language that don't exist in text interaction, but...well, honestly, I don't think it makes a huge difference, and those other things are hindrances, a lot of them involuntary and subconscious rather than deliberate. It's inevitable that the more you talk to someone the more you get to know them, and cutting out unnecessary distractions and social cues and seeing what people are actually saying, makes interaction more genuine. Generally speaking. But if people want to lie, they're going to lie no matter the platform. You just have to be careful with who you trust. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try at all I don't think.

Honestly I can't imagine meeting someone and dating them in the traditional sense, because I'm an anxious wreck irl and my idea of hell is being trapped with other people that I don't know. Getting to know people and having them get to know me not on my own terms is VERY nerve-wracking, because I have no way of gauging them to see if they're going to suddenly reject me/cut me off when they find out about my health problems. Which has happened before. Several times. So yeah.

Fleurdelis

Endless pain and suffering
Years
ye I'd consider it, as I've done so before. Will it happen? I'd say no, after all I have no confidence in that regard, but who the hell knows what may happen in the future.
local cyber dragon fanboi looking for partner to spam cyber dragons with n shitpost, dms are open

at least with online/LDR stuff people get to know me better rather than instantly dodge my ugly mug. IRL never been too kind to me, then again, their loss for missing out on the greatest shitposter in the country.

Years
I've never done that, but if I would get the opportunity (and would be single), I wouldn't mind trying.

local cyber dragon fanboi looking for partner to spam cyber dragons with n shitpost, dms are open
Hol up! We've been doing this for months. Does this mean we are dating?

Years
I have done so before. I would consider doing so again, but I'm not really in a rush to get into another relationship, I have bigger things to worry about than looking for romance. Besides, if I'm being honest, you generally have to be pretty damn special to get me to open up enough for dating.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I've seen these relationships seen multiple times. Not just on PC, but on pretty much any other community I've seen people interact with each other, as well. PC being pretty big, I think it's a lot more likely that two people with similar interests might find each other. I mean, it kinda comes with a default interest attached to it, doesn't it? Something about almost 1000 creates, I've heard. :P

Unless you are a black sheep (which you unlikely are, as they are really rare), you have the chance of such a wonder occur to you.

As for myself: before dating, I'd even be content with just finding someone whom I can have long interesting conversations with. So far there always seemed to be a disconnect between me and the people I'm trying to converse with leading to awkward silence. Dating in that aspect would be nigh impossible.

I do admit: I'm quite envious. And the next month is not going to be a jolly ol' ride in that aspect for me.

Years
Most likely not. Especially considering many people on this website live in the United States, Britain, or countries other than my own. I would want to physically be with someone who I had a romantic relationship with and not being able to be with the person whom you love would be torturous. I would perhaps do long-distance if the individual lived in the same province and would be willing to meet up, perhaps every few weeks or so. However, I am currently in a romantic relationship at the moment so this isn't something I need to worry about now.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 24, 2024
Which family member of mine is being held captive by faux-terrorists in Nakatomi Plaza as I assume that's the disguised emotional leverage necessary for such a possibility to take place

Years
I am not into long distance relationships, so I would think it would be unlikely. Also most on here really don't know me, I have generally always stuck to the hacking part of this forum and only engage people there. Though friendship type relations I would be the farthest I would go for me. Though I would shed some light is my username/avatar is based on my favorite wwe talent and it been that for most of my time on this forum.

Years
i'm in a serious relationship with someone I met here and we've already experienced living together for 7 months (had to be cut short due to my visa expiring) with me going back for another 6-7 in may. planning on moving together sometime in 2 or so years, or 1.5. until then i'll keep spending half the year with him and half back home. so yes, i was definitely open to the idea 👍

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 1, 2024
Been there, done that, though in another forum. It was a great experience, but as of now I would prefer it if any romantic relationship I developed was in short distance. So it's unlikely that I would date anyone here.

As for how I feel about LDRs in general, if people can make it work and they can stay commited that's awesome, but I don't have the time or interest to try to commit to something like that nowadays.

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
Years
Hmm. I don't know. For me, probably not. I've always had a very difficult time understanding online dating because when it's on the computer it just feels less "real" I suppose. But that's specially just for my case. I know that there are tons of people that are happily together online. To be honest, it should be the ideal situation for me since I don't like physical affection anyway. And I did date someone over Skype but I think that went well because it was like talking to someone on the phone who lived far away. But seeing a person and being able to go out and do activities together is important to me, so I guess that's why I really struggle with the concept of dating online in general. Also if the relationship got serious I'd want the person to meet my family, which could be logistically problematic.

As far as anyone in the PokéCommunity specifically, I'm still baby and I know no one.
But also it's quite likely that our interests & what we have in common will begin and end with the single topic of Pokémon, and that's not enough.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Not really. I already have an amazing boyfriend off of PC that loves me very much. <3 Honestly, I have to admit that I have had various crushes on PC members in the past... but I'm grown up now. Basically, I'm not the little nooblet on PC that I was 15 years ago. It takes a lot to get me to fall for others. Actually, I have dated PC members before to be honest... but it never worked out. :| I won't say their names or anything.

Years
Yes, although I haven't had s LDR in like 10 years lmao. But yeah I'd consider it. However online dating is one of those things where it's never as good as real life. Once you've been in a relationship irl it's hard to go back to LDR dating.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
Yes, although I haven't had s LDR in like 10 years lmao. But yeah I'd consider it. However online dating is one of those things where it's never as good as real life. Once you've been in a relationship irl it's hard to go back to LDR dating.

Not for me. I've actually been in real life ones before, and I prefer LD over RL... but maybe that's just my autism. idk.

Back