• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Hey, what is this thread doing in my section? It brings attention!

So what was the most challenging run you ever had?

I've never completed any nuzlocke run so probably that? If you mean completed runs though I had some trouble with a Gift Challenge in Pokémon Yellow, mostly because I wasn't familiar at all with the sloppy gen 1 mechanics and battles.

Years
    Honestly, if Pokemon had multiple save slots, I wouldn't mind going for a monotype run since those are the type of challenges I want to do the most. :>

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    I really like Monotypes too! I should do more runs in the future when I feel like playing Pokémon again.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
    Years
    Honestly, if Pokemon had multiple save slots, I wouldn't mind going for a monotype run since those are the type of challenges I want to do the most. :>
    Yeah that's what I would love to see as well....is save game data really that big? C'mon Gamefreak!

Monotypes and Monocolors are my forte...though I haven't been able to get into Gens 6 and 7 much at all for those ones yet.

More Monocolor challengers would be great though!

Years
    White Monocolor in Kalos is my favourite run in the last year or so. I adore my team so much even now. I should do more monocolor runs.

+1 for more save slots. It would make things so much easier.

Raven Valt

You gave me power in your gods name.
    Years
    I feel like doing any sort of challenging run in Gen 7 is impossible because the games are made to be really easy and friendly. Even if you start limiting yourself on things it just becomes really easy. I've given up on 2 nuzlockes and a wonderlocke after 3-4 gyms because I just didn't care for how easy it was.. Now if we're talking about a challenge, I ask anyone to try playing a game with Shuckle.. I did a solo once on Emerald using one and while it has good defensive stats, in Emerald you get about one decent move and that's rollout, so you spend most of the game using X-accuracys and X-Attacks then spamming rollout on your opponents.

Got to say that while I've done over 50+ Solo's in Emerald, I've got to agree with Jd that monotypes are great, I'd probably rank them higher than solos purely because of how difficult or easy one can be. Depending on the game and the type, some are incredibly easy and a breeze while other types and other games can be a real pain to go through, this contrasting of difficulty makes you feel a lot more accomplished than having an overleveled mon beating everything in 1-2 hits.

I advise anyone wanting to do some fun and unique challenges to consider Type-Lockes and EliminationLockes. Type locks are probably easier for newer people and add a real nice twist to a nuzlocke.

Sorvete

Novice
    Years
    Haven't yet, but planning too. Already got some ideas in my head that I might start developing soon.

Last edited:

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I've only written a few chapters of Pokemon fanfiction. Damn lack of motivation has held me back, but my partner and I are watching the anime atm so if my Oblivion obsession wears off soon (lol no), Pokemon will probably be next on the list, haha. Rin doesn't really want to be known but I want her to be known. And she hates me for it. x3

Haven't yet, but planning too. Already got some ideas in my head that I might start developing soon.
    Ooh, ideas are fun! I don't really have anything particularly interesting except having a character who's more into saving and rescuing Pokemon, as well as the idea to make it more "realistic" (Pokemon licenses at 18, very rarely people are actually given "starters" -- only certain people in more privileged or ones near research labs -- and there are real animals, too. Yay kitties alongside my Houndoom~ :3333). Other than that, there's so much to do that I can't focus on any one idea, haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I tried writing a Pokemon fic way back when I was still in high school but nothing ever came out of it. As of right now I'm working on my own Pokemon world.

Bay

Years
    I've written several Pokemon fics, both chaptered and short stories! My latest one is based on Sun/Moon (and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to an extent), and I have ideas for more!

Nekodatta

Overanalyzing Pokemon for 20 years
    Years
    I wrote a couple of Pokemon oneshots (I'm not good with coming up with long stories) in my mother language a really long time ago, and I have one particular idea that I like to think about from time to time. Wrote some chapters but only showed them to a couple friends because it's a pretty weird idea... basically an AU inspired from an AU of a completely different fandom ahah.

The Meta-Journey thread in RolePlay Theather inspired me to write a little something about my "character", just a fun writing exercise to see how writing fiction in English would go... maybe I will post it if it ever gets anywhere.

Bay

Years
    I used to do the Meta-Journey, but then me and a few others from FF&W were the only ones to do it, so I kinda stop. =< Kinda discouraging when you're the only one leaving reviews in fics...

And speaking of RolePlay Theater, just moved it here! Have fun, RP folks!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well well well well what do we have here

How about we don't go RPing in this thread this time, but instead actually talk about RPing? :)

I'm in two at the moment, one about pokémon and one about superheroes. So, perfect mix.

Years
    Well well well well what do we have here

How about we don't go RPing in this thread this time, but instead actually talk about RPing? :)

I'm in two at the moment, one about pokémon and one about superheroes. So, perfect mix.

What makes it a perfect mix?

Back