• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2023 goals/resolutions?

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Have you made any resolutions for this year, or if not, do you have any general goals for 2023? What do you hope to achieve this year? No matter how big or small!

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • i have several goals. i know people say to whittle them down, but personally, i find it easier to take an all-or-nothing approach.

last year, i successfully achieved the following goals:
    - changed careers
    - started freelance writing for extra income
    - learned to make pasta albeit badly
    - won a soccer league with my team
    - moved to a new city solo
    - invested time into my friends

this year i want to:

get fit
    i had spotty exercise schedules last year, so i want to double down and be consistent
    - exercise
    — visit the company gym 3x a week
    — exercise 4-5x a week
    — do an active activity 1-2x a week
    - watch what i eat
    — mealplan
    — count macros
    - consume less alcohol
    — drink only once every two weeks, instead of the twice a week that i average now

maintain a clean home
    i was real good about this when i first moved in. six months later, we're struggling. sick of the churn of making a big mess and then stressing myself out immensely to clean it. instead of binge eating the elephant, i wanna do it one small bite at a time.
    - create an organized system
    - don't go to bed without tidying up
    - leaving perennial piles of laundry behind in 2022

read 24 books
    i used to read two books a week, now i watch tiktoks. tryna change that in 2023. if i make considerable progress in the next few months, i'll up the number to 50

invest in hobbies
    - soccer
    i started playing in 2021 and played in four leagues from 2021-2022 but stopped when i moved to my new city.
    — will enroll in an adult skills class that runs 2x weekly + ends in a pickup game
    — will find a pickup group on the weekends
    — will also watch soccer
    - creating
    — learn to sew
    — take a pottery class
    — work on my digital magazine (magazine about my friends to stretch design/writing muscles, not for publication but just for me)
    - cooking
    — i love cooking. i want to challenge myself to try techniques i've never done before: sou vide, roasting a duck, baking bread from scratch, cake decorating and more.
    — i want to master: making tortillas, dumplings and pastas

learn spanish
    i took two weeks of immersion courses last year and want to build on what i learned
    - goal of being conversational by dec 2023.
    - planning a trip to mexico in the summer, will be a good halfway deadline and reason to practice + more practice there

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • I just make them so I have stuff to fail at but I accomplished something this year I guess so I can hope a bit

- get a contract renewal at work
    - finish up a boardgame project
    - get a date with a nice girl
    - drown in TCG cards
    - get a car & driver's licence
    - move out on my own
    - take a fat dump and not have to clean the toilet afterwards (seriously its getting annoying smfh)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I don't really do new years resolutions. I tried some in the past. Some failed, some succeeded. At some point I decided that a resolution can just be taken whenever as long as it's acted upon.

I guess if there's one thing I should hope happening this year (maybe): Me snapping after having to deal year after year with other people's bs, just taking it all without fighting back. It's one thing to be considerate; it's another to play the punching bag for everyone else.<_<

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • My one resolution is to stop making so many plans and resolutions altogether. Not because I know I'll fail them, but because it prevents me from learning how to improvise and adapt to real-life circumstances.

I'd say finally graduating this year would be a good start, but having been out of college for a year due to an accident before, I think I should leave that up to fate instead. I'll do my best to get all subjects in, but I'll also take into account that anything could happen in the middle.

Years
  • I don't tend to make resolutions since I'm not good at keeping them.. but this time around, I'm going to make an effort to watch at least 15 anime series. Been dying to get back into it but never seemed to have the energy to pick things up again. Going to start by catching up with newer seasons of animes I like, and try out some recommended stuff too. So many options!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This year I'll try harder to be the kind of person I want others to think I am. Someone who follows through with plans and tasks, someone who puts empathy and peace over fear and selfishness, and someone who treats their body as the miracle it is.

not easy to keep the last one perhaps, but it's a worthwhile endeavor, i really need to stress down also and self-care should help

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Honestly I haven't really made any major resolutions, just maybe some overall wellbeing changes I would either like to continue or implement. For example, I've been going to the gym fairly regularly except for the month of December; I want to keep going three time a week to lift and to swim. More importantly, I want to continue to eat healthy. Also, I like to read and read a lot of nonfiction but this year I would like to read more fiction, particularly more classics. The only big change that I can think of is to have more of a regular schedule. My spouse likes organization, but I am more nonchalant. However, I am more productive when I organize my time. So for example, I want to try to wake up at the same time every day, and plan my schedule orderly around work. I would like to have time blocked off and focus on those blocks, like a block for my morning routine, a block for school, a block for work, a block for leisure, etc.

Years
  • I don't do "new year" resolutions, but each last week of October, I set up some goals I want to accomplish in the following year and evaluate my goals for previous cycle. I usually set up goals in following categories: work, free time, self-education, self-care, finances. Then each week on Sunday, I set up small sub-goals that I want to accomplish in the following week and that will bring me closer to my overall goals.

I would say this system works for me and got me more motivated and productive ever since I've started doing it.

This year, my goals are following.
    Work: Start publishing articles; Finish 2nd year of my PhD studies

Free time: Continue playing games and reading books at least twice per week; find a hobby that doesn't require computer or doesn't revolve around computers, computer science, math and books; Prepare Escape Game for my local Gothic (the game) community; host writing a contest for said community

Self-education: Continue learning Unity and gamedev; finally start learning pixel-art; learn to make Pokémon romhacks; learn more about Buddhism

Self-care: Continue meditating; Continue with practising mindfulness; eat more healthy again

Finances: Don't blow everything up

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • My goal is to finally move out of my miserable state to somewhere with better human rights and a better climate. It's been a very long time coming. I think this may be the year it finally happens. I hope, anyway.

Years
  • Three things:

Lose weight so I'm as healthy and resilient as I can be.

Tick more off my bucket list. 2022 was an incredible year for that and I wanna keep it up!

Be a better friend, particularly on PC.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I can start off from studying since that is basically my primary occupation. I feel like it's better for me to focus on that to begin with, and 2023 will be quite important for that because I should be...
    - passing all the exams I still have left,
    - being an exchange student for several months! (yes it's actually happening!),
    - and finally graduating from university and getting a MSc degree!

Other goals that I've set up for 2023 also include...
    - skating more often!
    - taking care of my mental health!
    - trying to improve the quality of my friendships in general,
    and of course, a bonus...
    - trying to look more like the person I want to be ♥

And that's a very quick list ☺

Years
  • Last year, my resolution was to improve my physical and mental health, and I did have some success there, to be fair. This year, I'd like to strive for consistency in those two areas though; trying to keep up my good habits on a daily basis, rather than doing them in fits and starts.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen Mar 14, 2023
    There's quite a few.

- Improve at socializing online with potential friends so I'm ghosted less often.
    - Finish at least 24 books.
    - Knock out some more anime that have been set to paused.
    - Improve my mental health until I'm ready to return to college.
    - Focus on beating some of my game backlog rather than buying tons of new games like every year.
    - Take better care of my pets.
    - Pass the JLPT-5 Japanese proficiency test. This will require intense self study of kanji resources, flashcards, and textbooks. This would finally take me out of the beginner stage of the language after four years.

Back