• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
  • Yeah, thanks. About that positive work environment....

I have to prove to be professional until next Thursday to get something that I want from my "work". Therefore, I will be professional. It may or may not happen though regardless, cause you know....covid. So, let's see what happens. I hate to say wish me luck again, but until next Thursday...ya know.

Years
  • Stupid question: What do I do about my friend CONSTANTLY giving me gifts? I mean, yeah she came back today after a long break and made my environment better, but she was giving me gifts for the last half a year. o_O; She called today saying she was making me a batch of brownies tomorrow. Today, she gave me a bunch of crafts and snacks. She gave me a shelf once not too long ago. I tried saying to not give me gifts, but she keeps doing it. It's awkward. I really like her as a friend, but I don't want to be like i'm using her or anything. She's fine just the way she is without the gifts. Am I over-analyzing?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Perhaps ask why she keeps giving gifts? Mention that you appreciate the gifts (preferably with specific mentions, such as how useful or delicious something was). Bring up your own worries of using her or maybe overly inconveniencing her by preparing all these gifts. Suggests providing specific examples of why she is a good friend (the time where X, the way you Y) outside of the gifts. Needs to do nothing more to stay your friend.

Might simply be her way of showing her (platonic) love for you. Could have amped up the gifts for fear of losing you as a friend. May be something else entirely. Will never know until you ask.

Years
  • I saw her today. Can we just ignore my question? I know Devalue said to ask her, but I had no energy to nor will I ever. Maybe one day i'll casually bring it up, but she's too much energy, and I was so tired so I just couldn't.

So to update with my "work" environment, I have an understanding that I will be meeting with a couple of "important" people on Friday, so hopefully, we can get this issue finalized. I also have to text someone on Tuesday (I would do it Monday, but Monday is a national holiday here), about a similar, yet not so similar issue. *shrug*

Years
  • An ice storm is expected in my area tonight, and the local weather report predicts power outages this weekend. I stocked up on a bunch of groceries, including shelf-stable non-perishable goods, and have candles +matches, flashlight, portable led lantern , batteries, backup solar chargers, first aid kit and household essentials, and lots of useful things in case of emergency.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Anyone want to come take the snow away from my house? I'll pay you.

Years
  • The snows are here, but the inches we got fortunately weren't enough to snap tree limbs, or damage power lines, in spite of the grim predictions. I have stayed connected this week. People are having trouble driving though, more because they just aren't used to this kind of weather. You can hear the sound of the wheels struggling to get traction, and getting stuck.

I didn't have to go in to work today, and have stayed safe inside--for the most part. I did play in the snow a little, right in my backyard. A city park is also within walking distance from my house, and a pretty sight to see.

Years
  • We have had very little snow this year... so far anyway!

A few days and that was it. February and March tend to get pretty snowy here though...

I hate to be the person to bring up... covid... but our Prime Minister has basically declared the pandemic over today in an effort to save his skin after a corruption scandal and is lifting all restrictions from next week. They're even going to be scrapping the requirement to isolate after a positive test soon apparently.

We had nearly a hundred thousand cases yesterday and 438 deaths.

I just don't know what to say 😔

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    We have had very little snow this year... so far anyway!

A few days and that was it. February and March tend to get pretty snowy here though...

I hate to be the person to bring up... covid... but our Prime Minister has basically declared the pandemic over today in an effort to save his skin after a corruption scandal and is lifting all restrictions from next week. They're even going to be scrapping the requirement to isolate after a positive test soon apparently.

We had nearly a hundred thousand cases yesterday and 438 deaths.

I just don't know what to say 😔

No snow here, just fog and dread~ I can't really complain though...

As for that walking hay bale, well... I don't know what to say either - news about partying and scandals have reached my country some time ago already, but ending the emergency just like this? :O
    I guess this is the direction everyone will end up following eventually, but now is not the time!

Years
  • but ending the emergency just like this? :O
    I guess this is the direction everyone will end up following eventually, but now is not the time!

Exactly this! I told my oh that omicron could be a way out of the pandemic before it even left SA, and I still hope that is the case very, very soon, but this is being done at the wrong time, for absolutely the wrong reasons. 🤬

Back