• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Years
Only 4 days to go for those who celebrate it!!!

I'm pretty disappointed right now. I've had to cancel seeing my family this Christmas for medical reasons, and also the pandemic.

We were supposed to go to my mother in law's house for dinner. Other family including our nieces and nephews always end up there too. We've only seen her once since before the pandemic, some of the others not at all, and I was really looking forward to it. It is what it is I guess.

I haven't seen what's left of my side of the family at all since well before the pandemic either. It's my grandmother's birthday today and I was planning to see her for that and for Christmas too, but that won't be happening either. She's in her 90s and I have this terrible feeling I'm never going to see her again ;(

Is Christmas still going ahead for all of you with the pandemic biting hard once again?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I don't celebrate Christmas but I sure hope any emergency restrictions allow me to visit my dad on New Year. I have the train tickets and all, and... it's only 12 more days to go. But the environment doesn't look good. At least I'm working from home these weeks so my risk of getting infected is smaller- that would certainly put an end to my holidays and I don't want to risk that.

Years
i've barely seen any of my extended family in the past... half decade? even longer than that? so by now way used to it.

heck i rarely even see my own father these days. i think i've last seen him the beginning of this year lol. i don't expect christmas to change that.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Maintained the plan for the time being. Will probably not be cancelled/postponed except for a surprise illness or bad weather. (Does not rely on public transportation.) Falls between a day with rain and one with a wintry mix.

Offers condolences to those with ruined holiday plans. Hopes for some way to connect with your loved ones, even if only a video call, telephone call, or letter.

Years
i've barely seen any of my extended family in the past... half decade? even longer than that? so by now way used to it.

heck i rarely even see my own father these days. i think i've last seen him the beginning of this year lol. i don't expect christmas to change that.

I see my dad maybe twice a year so I get it. ;_;

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
WHAT THE HELL

I meant that in the most loving, you're a fucking villain and should admit to your true nature, caring way. I promise. You're like PC's anti-hero and we'd not be the same without you.

*hugs but not close enough to be shanked*

Back