• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: a good ol' fashioned DCC!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Isn't the whole point literally to get to an infrastructure where fossil fuels aren't being used in the whole process?
    I don't think that increased use in electric cars is going to cause an increase in non-fossil fuel infrastructure. Or even if it would, it's not gonna happen

Years
    I don't think that increased use in electric cars is going to cause an increase in non-fossil fuel infrastructure. Or even if it would, it's not gonna happen

Quite a fatalistic and cynical way to look at it, but I wasn't implying that anyway. Just that as far as I am aware the plan is to put that infrastructure in so that they can be used.

But we're just going to go in circles and butt heads so - how is everyone today!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Pretty good! Finally got some great news: my dad's brain MRI came back with no issues or anything anomalous that isn't consistent with typical aging! So that was a huge relief to hear. :')

Years
    i wish i had good news my way but life has been extremely bleh these days and will continue to be so for the near future, at least. u_u i'm working on it, though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Oh! My mom's biopsy came back free of cancer. But they don't know /what/ it is.
    That's fantastic! I don't know what the issue is with your Mom but I'm happy for her. :) Hopefully now it can be treated without as many "what ifs" causing extra anxiety.

Years
    She's a senior, so she has yearly mammographys. This year, they found something they couldn't identify, so she had a biopsy.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ah, I see. Well, I'm glad the anomaly ended up benign! I'm sure it will be identified and dealt with by her doctors. :)

Years
    Just it not being cancer is relief enough for us.
    Honestly, I already have to get regular tests for my health, I'm not looking forward to that one.

Years
    hi all o/ hope everyone is doing well~

Hola!!! I'm ok ty! How about you? I hope life is treating you well!

How about the rest of you lovely peeps? How is the PC fam today?

I haven't posted in here in far too long! I still hope to see Multiverse of Madness at some point but I can't until I'm clear obviously. I think I'll take some time to watch something or finish some very neglected poetry if I get the chance.

What does everyone have planned for the rest of the week?

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Feeling pretty great and refreshed, it's my second week at the gym. My aim is 3-5 visits per week depending on work, gotta make it a habit so I don't find myself dropping it after a month or two. So I guess this week's plans are: go to the gym on Friday and Saturday, as well as get a start on Bravely Default II.

Years
    Oh my god, one of my coworkers has literally the worst personality. I'm gonna ask my manager to schedule me around her.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Re: Plans for the rest of the week. Submitted to a physical on last Thursday (19th). Went by without incident. Needs to complete a blood test later still. Decided to roll it in with the usual slew at the end of the month. Remarks on nothing of note for week now past and the week ahead.
    _______

Sighs. Recalled a bunch of JIF peanut butter over potential Salmonella. Counts among those at high risk for severe illness. Feels quite unlucky, given the very low number of foods consumed. (Swaps brands easily enough, for the record.)

(May or may not have had affected jars. Only saw the UPCs in the press release initially. Discovered lot numbers only after returning them. Remembers the best-by dates, but not the lot numbers.)

Last edited:
    Back