• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Coffee Drinkers, Unite!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
  • Who hear drinks coffee? How do you like your brew made?

For me, medium hot lattes with one pump of caramel, one pump of mocha, skim milk, and extra love is how I always roll.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Nothing too fancy. If I'm making my coffee at home it's 12 cups of Folger's medium dark with the creamer of the week. I go through a lot of creamer.

If I'm going to starbucks or something I just get a caramel machiatto unless they have some specialty drink. Peppermint and pumpkin spice are the bane of my existence.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • you guys are so fancy like damn. far too much instant coffee + hot water does it for me. if you couldn't tell i'm only really after the caffeine. none of this fancy sweet or creamy or whatever stuff - i don't even have milk or sugar.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Who hear drinks coffee? How do you like your brew made?

For me, medium hot lattes with one pump of caramel, one pump of mocha, skim milk, and extra love is how I always roll.

Nothing too fancy. If I'm making my coffee at home it's 12 cups of Folger's medium dark with the creamer of the week. I go through a lot of creamer.

If I'm going to starbucks or something I just get a caramel machiatto unless they have some specialty drink. Peppermint and pumpkin spice are the bane of my existence.

you guys are so fancy like damn. far too much instant coffee + hot water does it for me. if you couldn't tell i'm only really after the caffeine. none of this fancy sweet or creamy or whatever stuff - i don't even have milk or sugar.

All of you, I am very disappointed in all of you. 'Pumps' of caramel? Mocha? Skim milk? Milk? Creamer? Folger's 'coffee'? The misspelling of macchiato? Macchiatos? Foam? Instant coffee? Heresy! There is only one true consumer of the coffee bean here! That person is me! Thou dost need to drink real ground beans and drink them black. None of this 'instant coffee' and the molestation of the brew with your fanciful creamers and sugars "but it's fancy!" fancy shmancy . . . none of you are getting any of my coffee beans.

The #1:

*purest
    *snob
    *selfish
    *ranter and raver
    *CoffeeDrink

Edit: I think this thread was made to bait me out into the open. No instant coffee, no creamer, no Folger's. get yourself some real nice beans, grind them and press them into hot water.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    All of you, I am very disappointed in all of you. 'Pumps' of caramel? Mocha? Skim milk? Milk? Creamer? Folger's 'coffee'? The misspelling of macchiato? Macchiatos? Foam? Instant coffee? Heresy! There is only one true consumer of the coffee bean here! That person is me! Thou dost need to drink real ground beans and drink them black. None of this 'instant coffee' and the molestation of the brew with your fanciful creamers and sugars "but it's fancy!" fancy shmancy . . . none of you are getting any of my coffee beans.

The #1:

*purest
    *snob
    *selfish
    *ranter and raver
    *CoffeeDrink

Edit: I think this thread was made to bait me out into the open. No instant coffee, no creamer, no Folger's. get yourself some real nice beans, grind them and press them into hot water.
    a warrior with a noble cause; a true god among mortals

I'm enjoying Irish coffees as of late, very moreish. I also enjoy a mocha sometimes. But most often I just stick with black; it is the easiest after all.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Iced, first of all. Always iced. Hot coffee is fine and all, but when I get my drink I want to drink it right away and with hot coffee I can't do that without burning my tongue, so I always have to get it iced. Flavors, I don't really mind either way. Some places I'll go all out with flavors. The other day I went to DD and got an iced hazelnut, caramel, and french vanilla coffee. It was so sweet, and I like it sweet most of the time. Sometimes I just like plain old coffee. No flavors, no sugar, no cream. Sometimes I like iced coffee with just extra cream. It really just depends on my mood, and sometimes where I'm at. At McDonalds when I get a coffee there, it's always a large iced coffee with extra cream, because it just tastes so good like that to me. As long as they get the proper amount of regular sugar in there, anyway. Everywhere else, it just depends on my mood.

Years
  • Honestly I can't stand coffee, it tastes revolting. I've tried a couple of different flavours and there's always that overwhelming "coffee" taste that I can't stand (isn't it weird how coffee tastes like coffee?).

I much prefer tea.

Years
  • Medium to Dark Coffee, very bold.
    Prefer grounding up my beans.
    I like heavy whipping cream. (I'd rather cut out lactose, plus it's a better taste)
    I will sometime go for creamers like pumpkin spice, cinnamon roll, eggnog, and other "festive" sounding flavors.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • All of you, I am very disappointed in all of you. 'Pumps' of caramel? Mocha? Skim milk? Milk? Creamer? Folger's 'coffee'? The misspelling of macchiato? Macchiatos? Foam? Instant coffee? Heresy! There is only one true consumer of the coffee bean here! That person is me! Thou dost need to drink real ground beans and drink them black. None of this 'instant coffee' and the molestation of the brew with your fanciful creamers and sugars "but it's fancy!" fancy shmancy . . . none of you are getting any of my coffee beans.

The #1:

*purest
    *snob
    *selfish
    *ranter and raver
    *CoffeeDrink

Heh, fair enough at all of this. I'd use beans if I actually had the money to and knew what the hell to do with them but alas. Instant crap will have to do for now.

Also totally unrelated kinda every time someone refers to coffee as a "brew" I get really confused because over here that doesn't refer to coffee at all. Also I just started googling "irish coffee" and was immediately suggested "irish car bomb" which is... uh...

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • Heh, fair enough at all of this. I'd use beans if I actually had the money to and knew what the hell to do with them but alas. Instant crap will have to do for now.

Also totally unrelated kinda every time someone refers to coffee as a "brew" I get really confused because over here that doesn't refer to coffee at all. Also I just started googling "irish coffee" and was immediately suggested "irish car bomb" which is... uh...

Besides the obvious definition, sounds like a mixed drink you would get at a party.

As for the beans, you just grind them. You'd need a grinder to do that and even though it will take quite a bit of time to brew - yeah I know I'm still using that word - the quality of the coffee will be infinitely better. Coffee has a very short window of quality taste, only roughly 12-15 minutes depending on the bean, before the coffee loses its freshness and tastes almost burnt. However, waiting that extra bit is totally worth it if means I can get a mean cup if joe.

I worked in a coffee shop for a year and a half which is why I generally know the ins and outs of this stuff.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I have at least 3 cups a day. First thing I drink in the morning. I like it black brewed... With a sip of milk in it.

dad

big poppa
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 13, 2018
    i've gotta agree with patchisou on this one, iced coffee is the only way. when i'm feeling fancy i get the sea salt and caramel frap from starbucks (which sadly is a seasonal drink). other than that i use a keurig to make my coffee. i either drink this cheapo instant cappuccino from kroger or i buy coffee grounds from fresh market. i can't drink my coffee black, it's gotta be 1/2 coffee and half hazelnut creamer. i usually top it off with whipped cream

*patiently waits for coffeedrink's disapproval*

Years
  • I've only ever tried coffee once and not liked it, but I feel like I may want to give it another chance. But it's a lot healthier without sugar and cream, from what I hear.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • I've only ever tried coffee once and not liked it, but I feel like I may want to give it another chance. But it's a lot healthier without sugar and cream, from what I hear.

Damn straight. Ever see someone finish a gallon of milk without vomiting? No? Yeah. Sugar and cream tends to make one out to look like a cream puff.

I can't drink my coffee black, it's gotta be 1/2 coffee and half hazelnut creamer. I usually top it off with whipped cream.

*patiently waits for coffeedrink's disapproval*

You didn't have to wait too long for this one *frowns* there. See? That one was special and made to order just for you. You should try, but you're young and not wizened to the ways of the bean.

Heh, fair enough at all of this. I'd use beans if I actually had the money to and knew what the hell to do with them but alas. Instant crap will have to do for now.

Also totally unrelated kinda every time someone refers to coffee as a "brew" I get really confused because over here that doesn't refer to coffee at all.

Brew is just a 'cooking' term. "Toss me a brewsky" when Brewsky = beer is just a fancy way of saying it's been brewed, see: brewing. But yes, Brew is slang for coffee and a few other things. But I have a few handy tips for you:

1. Buy a grinder.
    2. Buy some coffee beans.
    3. Plug in your new coffee grinder (if you have a mill grinder, that's okay too).
    4. Pour beans into grinder.
    5. Grind the beans.
    6. Put fresh ground god-dust into brewing machine.
    7. ???
    8. Profit.

Just good old fashioned basic coffee for me, medium strength and a small amount of milk.
    I would say I have 3 or 4 cups a day.

My kind of guy.

I have at least 3 cups a day. First thing I drink in the morning. I like it black brewed...

My kind of woman.

I LOVE coffee. More for the taste than to keep me up though. Coffee ice cream is a great thing known to earth too.

My kind of lady. Or woman.

All of you aren't doing too bad, and with my twelve step program, you'll be closer to my status as a consumer of the coffee if you don't stray from the path. Just look at me! I've been drinking caffeine for as long as I care to remember, and if I did, I was probably swimming in a womb full of coffee anyways so there's that.

Once you guys (and gals, don't get your noses bent) cut out the creamer, the sugar, and the dairy you'll feel a lot better. I mean it seriously. I find that cutting out the sugar and the creamer helps me function at peak efficiency while the sugar and the creamer slowed me down. You'll also save money in the long run, not only on creamer and sugar but potential health issues as well. Just try it for a few weeks, or try it for as long as your creamer would have lasted you and see the difference in your wallet. I'm serious. Cutting out the sugar and milk was one of the best health decisions I could ever have made.

Back