• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Do you still believe in one another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    When does Finding Dory come out though? I could see that in the cinema, if it's anywhere near as epic and cute as Finding Nemo.
    June 17th 2016 is the initial release date. I have so little expectations for it to be good. Thought that'll probably work in my favour knowing Disney.

Years
  • Oh Oscars topic... guess it does fit here given the death of the C&M DCC.

But anyways, I think most of the wins were definitely deserved, especially Eddie Redmayne for Best Actor. I think it was great to see him portray such a figure as iconic as Stephen Hawking. Birdman was definitely the one I predicted to win Best Picture, given its plot was very interesting.

And the Best Animated Feature winner was predictable once again... it's often safe to assume that if you ever see a Disney film among the nominees there, it's certain to win.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I really didn't think Birdman was that good lol

Though it's definitely a Best Picture type of movie.

Julianne Moore has long deserved an Oscar though, so happy she won

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Why are we talking about this hear yeah haha. Poor C&M.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • C&M just recently regained me as a regular poster. This is a small loss in comparison to such a vital sweeping victory.

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Birdman was the kind of movie I was glad to see, really enjoyed seeing, and have no desire to see again for the next decade or so lol.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Whaaat, I thought it was great :'( Emma Stone and Ed Norton('s booty) were the best in my opinion, but mehh no one won their acting categories(though, those who did win definitely deserved it, yayy Julianne Moore). Don't get me started on the cinematography.

I guess I just really like movies like that >w>

Years
  • I didn't even catch the Oscars last night, there were more important things for me to take care of. Although to be perfectly honest, I didn't remember it until later that day.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I'm just glad Queen Julianne & J.K Simmons won their respective categories.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I almostsaw Birdman a bit and it wasn't my kind of movie at all. Too grim, I guess?

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it came to the Oscar winners, for Best Animated Feature, I am glad that Big Hero 6 won. Course I still have not seen it. Also as I stated in my most recent blog entry, the winner of Visual Effects annoyed me to the point where I will never watch that movie. Course I am also disappointed that Everything is Awesome did not win Best Original Song.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • There's an ongoing meme at /tv/ regarding Boyhood losing to Birdman by making "12 years" jokes and constant RLM references to their negative review of the movie. I really wish the LEGO Movie wasn't snubbed and Godzilla earned any nominations if it wasn't for the polarized views from the fans that affected its average score.

Years
  • I've still yet to see Big Hero 6, meant to and then I went on vacation and never actually went out to see it while on vacation. :/ Then was just like "meh" whenever I came back.

Also why do I never keep up well with movies Birdman sounds like one I might enjoy ahhh.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • U've read so many mixed reviews about Big Hero 6. More than the negatives, I've heard positives, though. I guess when someone told me they thought it was "just a cringy kids movie", I believed them without a second thought.

Still want to see it, though. I also want to see The Theory of Everything and Selma, aaa. Not much of an interest in Boyhood, though -w-;

Kyoe

working on it
    Years
  • The for movie that comes to mind right now that I want to see is Kingsman. Unfortunately, I'm waiting for a certain somebody else to make time to go see it with me, and they tend to be kind of slow in doing that sort of thing...

Ugh, guys, I was sent home for not feeling 100 percent well. :<
    I guess I'll try to pick up a shift later...

How are you all doing?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    This week is my first one that's medication free since 4 months, which is great, so I think I'm doing alright.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • Whoo that's great~

Wished I could do that, but I really need these inhalers. I can do a few days without them but then I start to feel that I don't get as much air as usual.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • Birdman definitely deserved to win, and I really don't get how some people think it was Oscar bait either -- the whole thing is making fun of the press and the guys who decide this shit. it was a super pretentious movie, but just so enjoyable and funny and touching. woulda made a little more sense had Boyhood won considering the universal acclaim and the 12 years thing, even though I didn't enjoy it nearly as much (even though I really thought I would and I probably need to see it again and reevaluate). I'm just glad American Sniper got next to nothing.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    i think my favourite part of american sniper losing is the immediate backlash from the psycho rabid self-described 'american patriots'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back