• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Explain your username

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Basically what the title says. I might as well make something here to celebrate half a decade on this site.

You probably might have known me as Meem_Of_Hatred or Meem E.A. Satdsaintson or whatnot. Those were more or less based off a joke I heard somewhere and some OC stuff I planned but decided not to post online.

But for PageEmperor, the one you all want to know about, was pretty much a shortened version of my previous username. Why I used that, because I was playing a bunch of forum games and somehow my post ended up on the beginning of every page every time, happened almost repeatedly on various games.

I figured, I can't be a page king if I posted fist on so many forum game pages, I might as well be a page emperor. And so PageEmperor was used in my previous username and I changed it to a shortened version the next possible opportunity and it's stuck ever since and I have been using this username for 4 years presumably for almost every account I make.

So what's the story behind your username?

pkmin3033

Dawn is also a time of day and the best main character in the Pokemon anime but that's neither here nor there.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I was originally going Bulbagarden as Caitlin as its my name and I managed to become an Elite 4 member in Black and White (just not the right type). So I shortened it to Caite and then added the chan to the end of it. Its from when I took a Japanese class in college. I've never been proper per say where as people need to call me Miss or Ms or feel like I'm unapproachable so I use chan for that.

Years
    My username doesn't really have a deep meaning to it, but I always had a display name with Lunar in it since I can remember, even all the way back in the original Runescape days when I was a kid. I've always just liked the word, and think the moon is pretty cool, so that's how it came about :)

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen Jul 30, 2020
    My original go-to user name was Pokewolfgirl18- A mix of my favorite franchise, animal, and age that I thought up in middle school. I was that on basically every site I went on except for Tumblr, where I was EvangelinetheDemonicAngel, and Pokemon Showdown, where I called myself Eevee-chan.

As time went on I began to think about my identity and realized I was uncomfortable with being referred to as a girl. So I decided to change my username to Everi Daze, a random name I thought up while considering more gender neutral names. I dunno why it came to mind... But it has a nice ring to it imo! Also I got to use a joke where I called myself "Every Days" instead lol.

Years
    I wanted to choose a Pokemon that you don't see every day to represent me. Hoenn is my favorite region, and Milotic my favorite Pokemon from that region, but also this mon exemplifies everything I love about Hoenn, it's beauty, tranquility and the water, being at one with nature. I think Milotic also fits my style of game play, because it's a Pokemon that takes time and patience to evolve, at least the old-fashioned way of finding something rare then feeding it berries until it beauty stay is maxed out.

Vision sounds spiritual and also an allusion to Milotic's beauty. She is a vision. Vision of Escaflowne was also an anime I grew up watching. Yes, I'm old enough to have caught some of the late 90s animes as a kid--it was a good era. I thought by borrowing a little of the title It would channel a drop of the otherworldliness of Gaea.

Explain your username

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I used to be known as Galukxy, but wanted to change to a new username. Sooo-- My username is an anagram of 'luciel', minus L. Luciel is 'light of god'. My irl name means 'gift from god', while 707 (mystic messenger), his baptismal name is Luciel and irl name is Saeyoung meaning 'gift of god'. They felt fitting and I felt very connected to my name, while liking the name 'luciel'. Why the MystMess connection? the character is my most favourite and tbh, I really liked the name 'Luciel' waaay before I even started playing the game. Also, I saw one person on twitter using the name, but no where else. They weren't using the twitter and had been inactive for a long time, so I was like 'eh', let's go with this. I had a good feeling about it, too.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    time to break out the image again

Explain your username

Years
    Sammi is a nickname of Samantha, which is my name. Oddly enough, I only go by Sammi on the Internet -- I use Sam irl.

shinydwebble is my username basically everywhere else. I like shinies. I like Dwebble. Perfect username.

Any other past names you remember seeing on PC were OCs... I don't use those for usernames anymore, but I do use them for my Pokemon characters.

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
    I started here for pokémon essentials and in the ruby language '#' is a comment so whatever comes after the # is Not Important to the computer so there. Funny. Not really.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    My username started out as me mistaking my favorite Digimon, Palmon name for Palamon. This was about 12 years ago. But Palamon is well... apparently a character in A Knight's Tale. But, I don't really identify with Palamon and Arcite. I guess I just see Palamon as my own thing nowadays.

Back