• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halfway Point of 2022.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well, sort of. What have you thought of this year so far? Can be from personal experience or from a broader view point.

Looking at the world, there have been some heavily negative events. My thoughts drift towards the atrocities in Ukraine.

From a personal perspective, I think it's been an okay year. My family has shrunk to a pathetic amount. There was supposed to be a big summer family "get together" today...and only four guests showed up. The rift began in 2017, two major deaths and arguments of "who is entitled to what". Everyone continued to grow apart, and now the situation has become rather sad. Only one person is left from my Dad's side of the family. (got into a weird conversation with my uncle online when I was 10, we still haven't met in person).

pkmin3033

2022 has not been a great year thus far. It feels a lot like I'm still trying to manage the nuclear fallout in my life from 2021, and progress is very slow if not non-existent. Recovery has never been a very easy thing for me, either physically or mentally speaking. Whenever my physical health takes a hit, my mental health takes a bigger one because it's always been well outside of my control. I think the only positive thing I can say about it is that I've gotten used to the new status quo, which makes things easier to manage. I've stopped railing at things I can't change (or at least can't change very quickly, or to how they used to be/how I want them to be) and I've re-learned how to take life one day at a time. It's not better, but it's not really worse either. You really can get used to anything, it seems. The cost of living crisis hasn't hit me as hard as it could have because I'm living at home, but I am paying more into the housekeeping so there is that. My wages haven't kept up with inflation, although I've had a lot more than many people have, so that's something. We're getting by.

Positives, though...positives are the small, day-to-day things, and the inconsequential things. There are a lot of video game releases to look forward to this year, and I've already had some great experiences thus far. After months I am FINALLY going to get the pay increase that I more than deserve (seriously, I've been doing management-level work at admin-level pay for over a year now, and my colleagues in other parts of the company are on a much higher rate of pay than I am; I am worth more than this and I bloody well know it) so that's a definite positive, even if it doesn't get back-dated to at least January of this year like it should. I can still work from home, and that probably isn't ever going to change. In August I have two and a half weeks of holiday to look forward to. My partner and I are stable and comfortable despite our individual circumstances in life, which is more than I deserve tbh.

When viewed as a whole life is pretty shit and this has been a shit year. But day-to-day life has been much worse for me than it is right now, and honestly that's all that matters: that I can deal with the bad shit as it comes, even when I think I *can't* deal with the bad shit before it happens or when it's happening. I'm still here when it's over, and when it's over it doesn't matter because it's in the past. Nothing is constant, so really those moments of unhappiness aren't really all that consequential. Neither are the moments of happiness I suppose by that logic, but there's something to be said for apathy. Just take it as it comes.

I'll refrain from commenting on the current state of the world, other than that it never ceases to amaze me at how phenomenally stupid humans can be sometimes. Just when you think people can't possible be any more idiotic, depraved, or just outright insane, they surprise you with something new. It's a wonder our species has lasted for as long as it has.

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    My year's been not so great in a lot of ways but I got through & finished uni so that's something

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It's been a crappy year in a chain of crappy years that's probably just going to get worse

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Made major strides in my mental health and pushed myself hard to manage my disorders. Definitely a period of huge growth for my independence, well-being, and creativity. :)

Years
  • Better than the last few.
    My mental health is better now that I'm working consistently.

Roxas

[span="color: #d10303; font-size: 10px; letter-sp
    Years
  • I'm sort of in a "stall," progress on my life is going steady but not as fast as I'd like it. It feels like I've been doing this forever.

But that's okay, when I look back over the years, even though in the moment it feels like I haven't made progress... every little step counts. and adds up!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • The world is getting worse, so 2022 has been bad for the world. Mine's alright. Just focusing on my fanfiction and that's it.

Years
  • While the world on a global scale isn't alright and have a lots of issues this year, my personal 2022 has been going great so far and pretty much like I've imagined it would go down so far. I finally moved in with my girlfriend, plan on proposing to her, got my dream job and some more stuff.

Years
  • Personally the worst start to the year ever, but the good thing about rock bottom is you can't go anywhere but up, so I did~ Secured a good paying job and so did my partner, and we continued where we left off with tackling our long term financial goals little by little. There were several down days throughout the year, but I'm currently in a better mental space right now, feeling like I've finally figured something out to help me cope with everyday life much better, and I do hope to bring that with me to the rest of the year, and so on and so forth <3

Years
  • this year has quite frankly, been garbage. and it's garbage in the same way that most years have been for me - my life is more or less stagnant, not much really changes (in a positive way, at least), and i feel like i have this ever insurmountable wall between me and actual progress. it feels like no matter what i do, i always find myself in a similar predicaments. i want to change my life for the better in a drastic way and i'm tired of half-steps forward to where it feels like there's barely any real change at all. it's been several years of the same thing and i ask myself every time: when is something going to change?

not to get into too much of a rant, but i don't anticipate the rest of this year to be any different than last year, or the year before. i'm trying, i really am, but i feel genuinely stuck and i don't know if that will change and my fear is that it won't.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Was going through it for a while but I'm hopeful things will improve!

I put so much pressure on myself. To make up for not starting on a double degree to begin with, I was trying to do two years of university in one (2nd + 3rd year of my 2nd degree together) and work at the same time.

I realised it just didn't work for me. I was having the same severity of panic attacks/depressive episodes that I had when I was first diagnosed. I did end up passing my classes somehow though my grades that term were the lowest I've got by far. All things considered though, passing at least means I won't have to struggle with those particular classes again.

I started a new job over the break so I didn't get too much of a chance to reset. But I've at least cut back a lot on my university workload to balance with the new job and I'm grateful to have been offered it. I'm not sure how this term will turn out but all I can do is my best.

I still get a lot of random off days of apathy where I find it hard to care at all. But there's been a lot of good moments this year I'll get reminded of how much I enjoy spending time with friends or I'll find some free time. I don't believe in being positive that life is great all the time but I've always believed there will be good days. So I look forward to getting to those and that's enough for me.

There's a lot I'm grateful for this year overall. I have some great friends in my life. My family has been very supportive about me taking my time with school/prioritising my health, which is a huge 180 from when I was younger where academics took priority at all costs. I might have to work all school breaks for the rest of the year but Christmas time I can look forward to going overseas at least. I make more now and get to set aside more money for fun.

So even if 2022 has been far from perfect, I think all things considered it has just been a learning experience and there have still been ups. I'm hoping the second half of the year I'll feel a bit more on top of things.

Years
  • Globally... not a great year for reasons we all know. That being said, we really do seem to be past the pandemic halfway point more or less. So long as there's no monumental fuck-ups there, hopefully we'll be okay.

On a more personal side... it's complicated. By-and-large, it's been pretty terrible for me. I got COVID a few months back right on the back of a pretty nasty episode with my health issues and then dove right back into another bad episode after and I just have not been able to fully recover yet which has sucked ass because I was doing a lot better prior to that. On the other hand though, my novel finally published and I've started laying out more groundwork for my next few projects and I've been having a lot of fun doing stuff with friends over Discord and stuff. My mental health situation has mostly been on an upswing too but when it drops boy does it drop.

So yeah, kind of a hit-and-miss year so far? Mostly some pretty significant lows but the highs sure do be high.

Years
  • Honestly time is going by so darn quick! I cannot believe we're in June already, lord. I'd say globally not the best year for reasons everyone is aware of.
    So far...it hasn't been too bad personal wise?? My whole family (meaning who I live with) got COVID May 10th or thereabouts. For me it was not a bad case of it. I felt like some stuff post-COVID still happens like coughing etc.

Besides that I resigned from my WFH job and will be moving back into an on site job soon. It will be retail, but it's better than just sitting at home IMO. So many people I know who did WFH got tired and bored of it, so went back on site. I just really hope this new job works out and my coworkers are friendly and nice. Here is to hoping the rest of this year is good for me.

Years
  • It's been a mix for me. This is my first year where I'll be moved out of my family's house for the whole duration, which is a great thing on its own since I've been wanting some independence for years. But at the same time I've been battling the same health issues since August the entire time, which has caused quite a bit of stress during the year. I'm sure it'll get better but I would say the year's been 50/50 so far because of it. Not bad but not horrible. Really hoping I'll be in an even better place by December!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    i just got married and even though globally things are looking pretty shit, that kinda defined this year for me as wonderful 💓

Back