• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hallo, everynyan!

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    What position do you play in soccer?

Do you have a favorite team?

Why can't you beat me?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    What position do you play in soccer?

Do you have a favorite team?

Why can't you beat me?

Anything except goal keeper, because I stink at it :P

I don't really follow professional soccer that much aside from the world cup, but I'm usually on the side of Brazil :)

I can't beat you because you've probably played a lot more than me :P Not to mention, I've never really played that competitively. Bring it though, I got this 8)

What is your favorite race to play as in TES?

Do you battle in Pokemon competitively from time to time?

I usually like playing as a high elf, a Redguard, or less commonly, an Imperial :)

What inspires you?

That's a tough question, because there's so many different ways it could be answered! I'll give it my best try though...

I'm inspired by the idea of being the best I can be, and by seeing other people be the best they can be. I'm inspired by how unique individual people are, and how much there is to learn from everyone.

^Probably sounds super cheesy, but I feel like such a good question deserves the best answer I can come up with :)

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    What's the coolest thing you've coded in ASM?

Compiled or interpreted languages?

Coolest thing I've coded that was pure ASM: a "game" where an LED would light up at a random time, and you'd have to press a button afterwards, then the number of seconds it took you to press the button would be displayed to an LCD screen.
    Coolest thing I've coded that involved ASM heavily: A heart rate monitor :) It used an opto-isolator to get the pulse, and assembly was used to output the signal to an LCD.

My favorite languages are compiled ones, but honestly, I think interpretation is more useful, all in all, because it makes software more portable across different platforms.

Years
    YES I love Xillia do you like Gaius? >w<
    TotA is another I love, Peony is my fave there but I also like Legretta!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    YES I love Xillia do you like Gaius? >w<
    TotA is another I love, Peony is my fave there but I also like Legretta!

I love Gaius <3 He's so cool.

I'm still playing through Abyss and haven't gotten to the point where I've met Peony or Legretta yet. I just got to the point where Anise joins the party, so I'm pretty early on in the game :3

Years
    Yes, more ppl for the Gaius fanclub =u= hehe

I think you'll like them! Peony is really fun. Who's your fave so far?

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    Hi hi!

Why the name Sopheria?

Your favorite position in soccer? Do you have any professionals you look up to?

How's it like being a software engineer?

What's the biggest program you've ever coded/helped code?

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    You seem really fun and interesting! I'll just ask a basic question :p

What's your favorite Pokemon?
    What's a shiny Pokemon form you absolutely love?
    Favorite foods? Favorite place to shop?

Whoops that's 4 questions!

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Hi hi!

Why the name Sopheria?

Your favorite position in soccer? Do you have any professionals you look up to?

How's it like being a software engineer?

What's the biggest program you've ever coded/helped code?

Heya Arx!

I was really into Tales of Graces at the time I came up with it. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the game, but it's the name of a flower in the game. I thought it was a nice sounding word that would make a good username!

Software engineering is pretty cool! It can be stressful at times though, because you often have to meet deadlines, and it's not always easy to predict what kinds of problems can come up along the way. The most challenging thing about it isn't even the coding--it's knowing how to manage your time and estimate how long a certain project will take, which is something you can only learn by experience. But it's a pretty nice job to do, because there's a new problem to solve every day ^^

The biggest project I've coded was a (mini) operating system that we had to do as a project in one of my classes. It was a team of three of us, so it wasn't too bad, but in the end I think it was somewhere north of 8000 lines of code?

You seem really fun and interesting! I'll just ask a basic question :p

What's your favorite Pokemon?
    What's a shiny Pokemon form you absolutely love?
    Favorite foods? Favorite place to shop?

Whoops that's 4 questions!

Aww thanks Crystal! ^_^

My favorite Pokemon is Mawile. Florges is a very close second.

I love Shiny Metagross!

Favorite foods: seafood of all kinds. Fried fish is a favorite dish of mine, but I love baked fish too. I'm also really fond of soba :)

When I go shopping it's usually either at Kohl's, Forever 21, Rainbow, or the local anime store ^^

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
    Years
    Heya Arx!

I was really into Tales of Graces at the time I came up with it. I'm not sure if you're familiar with the game, but it's the name of a flower in the game. I thought it was a nice sounding word that would make a good username!

Software engineering is pretty cool! It can be stressful at times though, because you often have to meet deadlines, and it's not always easy to predict what kinds of problems can come up along the way. The most challenging thing about it isn't even the coding--it's knowing how to manage your time and estimate how long a certain project will take, which is something you can only learn by experience. But it's a pretty nice job to do, because there's a new problem to solve every day ^^

The biggest project I've coded was a (mini) operating system that we had to do as a project in one of my classes. It was a team of three of us, so it wasn't too bad, but in the end I think it was somewhere north of 8000 lines of code?

Aww thanks Crystal! ^_^

My favorite Pokemon is Mawile. Florges is a very close second.

I love Shiny Metagross!

Favorite foods: seafood of all kinds. Fried fish is a favorite dish of mine, but I love baked fish too. I'm also really fond of soba :)

When I go shopping it's usually either at Kohl's, Forever 21, Rainbow, or the local anime store ^^

Omg we have so much in common! Awesome! ^^

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
    Are you a clean person or a messy person?

What is the most impressive thing you've ever seen?

What was the last fictional thing you cried over?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Are you a clean person or a messy person?

What is the most impressive thing you've ever seen?

What was the last fictional thing you cried over?

I'm a clean person with everything except my room, which tends to be a bit more on the messy side.

Most impressive thing I've ever seen? I'd have to say it's this one woman who I saw on Oprah who swam from New York to New Jersey across the New York Harbor. What I found so amazing about it was how many times she had tried and failed to do it in the past, and determined she was to do it. It was such a motivating story and inspiring story, and I think she's a really great role model for how you should never give up on your goals :)

The last fictional thing I cried over, hmm....this scene in Tales of Xillia 2.

https://youtu.be/48KkzmRPdIo?t=8m14s

This was a really emotional scene for me because I love Elle in this game and I really sympathize with her throughout the story. There was another scene in this game, the scene where Milla fell into the Abyss, that I almost cried about :c

Reactions: noa
    Years
    Here's the typical question I always ask to a new face of staff...

Did you ever expect your promotion coming?

How did you react when you found out you were taking the helm of ORAS?

Speaking of ORAS, are they your fave Pokemon games?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Here's the typical question I always ask to a new face of staff...

Did you ever expect your promotion coming?

How did you react when you found out you were taking the helm of ORAS?

Speaking of ORAS, are they your fave Pokemon games?

Hey Hika!

I didn't, honestly! I thought maybe I might end up on staff at some point in my time on PC, but I didn't expect it to happen when it did.

I was nervous. And also excited, but very nervous.

I'd say my favorites are a tie between ORAS and BW2! I love 6th gen in general, but I especially love the things that ORAS did to enhance it. Not to mention, I love the Hoenn region. It's so big and there's so much to explore! Out of all the Pokemon games, so far ORAS is the one that's felt the most like an adventure to me, rather than just a game.

Back