• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holiday Shopping

Years
  • Have you begun?

I have already checked both of my parents off of my Christmas shopping list. My mom has wanted an indoor UV light planter to grow herbs in for some time. She's been putting off buying it because of the expense, so I snagged it for her this time. There's nobody who loves gardening as much as her, nobody could put it to better use! I got a really good deal after Black Friday on a copper one she fancied at Kohl's.

My dad travels to a lot and wants to visit Africa this summer, since he hasn't made it to that continent yet. This gave me the idea to give him African art. I ordered online at Novica a replica of an African sword made by an artist from Ghana to mount on his wall and remind him of our upcoming vacation together. I just hope the darn thing ships here before Christmas since its coming from the other side of the world!

Anybody care to share with me their gifts for loved ones?

Years
  • Christmas shopping is a pain when none of your other family members really give so much of a hint as to what they want, so I don't really do it often. If I do, it's usually to buy myself a gift or two and that's about it.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I got my sister an Eevee for Hannukah. But I gave it to her already, since I didn't feel like wrapping it up, to be quite honest.

And, I got my best friend a Todoroki plushie for Christmas, but I sent it early this year instead of a week or two before Christmas.

And I have to do some lame secret santa thing for someone at work, not much to say really.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm buying everything off Amazon. I normally wait until I go to California to buy my family's gifts but since I am staying home this year and it's only going to be me and my boyfriend this year we are going to invade Amazon and buy everything from them. It'll be easier on us.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I do all my Christmas shopping in November, so I can just set the gifts aside for a few weeks before wrapping them.

Years
  • We just drew the work Secret Santa and I've got the person I have the least idea what to get. Oh well. Also a rule is we have no min/max amount to spend but an exact amount to spend (to make it funnier) so I'd inevitably be random things to get it to the exact amount anyway.

Last edited:

polymorphism

[SPAN="color: #91D1FF; font-family: Noto Serif JP;
    Years
  • I try not to get much, I find that breaking the bank to buy people items that in general they don't want or really need doesn't sit well with me.

To that same extent I don't buy much either.

Years
    • Seen today
    I always do my holiday shopping late, so I'll do it halfway through December when this semester ends.

LadyJirachu

Fluffy and Elegant :3
    Years
  • Someone PLEASE buy me a Lady Korrina i can get married to lol.

I'll let you be someone important at our lovely wedding if you do this for me :3

Even if I barely know you. I'm really nice and generous like that :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'll dig out the onions I planted and hand them out.

... yeah, right! I'm not that generous. I'll just hug someone if they want a hug and make some tea if my kindness and altruism is particularly potent. I'm not made of money, y'know - I'm made of stardust and miracles and sparkly things.

Years
  • family isn't exchanging gifts this year since we've a lot to spend on, and it's too pressuring to figure out what everyone wants haha. very introverted household here....because of that i'm extremely glad the bf got me a cute gift that i can keep with me and snuggle with.

have to buy my two co-workers gifts and probably at least an xmas card and small lottery ticket to the supervisors. probably off to the mall tomorrow to shop! guh, this time of the year is always stressful. :<

Years
  • i just started my holiday shopping yesterday! i bought my bf some cooking utensils, and I plan on buying him a smart-lock thing for our front door. I bought my dad some new pajamas. I've still gotta get my bf's mom, my mom, and my brother something. :thonk: I can't believe it's already less than 2 weeks away orz

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    BF is getting a Daft Punk CD + Vinyl (the vinyl being Alive 2007 which is fantastic) and various other little assortments, including some gay furry fiction that I found at a public library and have been dying to sneak to him ever since lmaoooo

Everyone else is getting cheap Ferrero Rocher chocolates and that is that

Reactions: noa
    Years
  • I got my sister a bunch of art supplies and a necklace, my mum's getting an Exploding Kittens expansion and a magnetic armband thing to hold nails, drillbits etc cause she's always building shit. Chura's getting... irritated when she sees this post doesn't say what I'm getting her. Well, she knows about the commission I'm going to pay for but not the other half.

Kai

Wayfarer
    Years
  • A few sets of earrings made from scratch, a clam made from scratch, an armband made in China, a box made in Poland, and a porg. I have one or two more gifts to get.

Back