• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you primarily engage with the Pokemon franchise?

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
Years
  • Either playing the video games or talking about them here, mostly. I've never actually played the TCG because I don't know anyone else who plays it (though I do have some cards, mostly from the late Hoenn and early Sinnoh eras) and I'm not a big TV watcher or manga reader.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Same as Explorer of Time: playing the games and posting here. Adds watching other people play Pokemon sometimes too. Varies on precisely what. Caught things like speedruns, a first playthrough of a new game, part of an Archipelago, a little bit of competitive stuff, or some challenge.

Years
  • Playing the games, watching the anime, and of course engaging with fans. I collect merchandise too but that is more casual! The biggest thing for me is the community, I love engaging with people and that keeps my interest going strong. :love:

Years
    • Seen today
    95% is playing the games when I have the urge.

I also think this forum singlehandedly upholds my interest. Even when I haven't played Pokemon for months, I still come here to talk about it. So there's always a bit of reminder to return to the franchise eventually.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Almost entirely the games and being here. I haven't really touched the other aspects of the franchise in a long time, and what engagement I had with them never amounted to as much time spent on the games/PokeCommunity.

Years
  • Mainly playing the games and posting here. I like watching some videos and reading leakes. At times, I like to follow some competitive matches.

Days
    • Seen today
    How do you mainly find yourself consuming Pokemon content? (be it playing the video games, interacting with the online community, collecting the cards, etc)
    Mainly video games, along with Pokemon Go. Another would be through TCG Live. Used to have a Gamestop in my area, to where I can talk pokemon with some of the employees, but got shutdown due to the pandemic.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Mostly downloading Leaf and Serena fanart.

I'll occasionally open up the games, but usually for only a fw minutes at a time. A few posts here (like this one) relate to Pokemon, but mostly I'm in Other Trivia. Pokemon doesn't seem to hold my attention as much as it used to, mostly because the quality of the games has fallen off a cliff recently. There will likely have to be a very impressive game in order to get me back into it.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Mainly video games and online communities. I have some plushies, as well, but haven't gone overboard on that/general merch or anything. lol

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • I'd say I generate more Pokémon content than the one I consume, at least from a few years to this time. I write fanfiction, do characterbuilding, worldbuilding and some forms of xenofictional theorycrafting, assist other creatives in their projects, that kind of stuff.

As for consuming, I love me some PMD games as well as Pokken. There should be more Pokken.

Back