• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Year's Resolutions

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
  • I think this is a lovely tradition and I always partake in it myself! Next year will no doubt have its challenges and limitations, but we can still focus on shaping our habits for the better in some way. I'm curious to know how you will resolve to improve your life and the lives of others in 2021!

Do you make resolutions? Are they very ambitious, or easily achievable? And perhaps most importantly, do you ever see them through? :P

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
  • stopped doing them 3 years ago cause I kept failing them

I will admit some have been *very* ambitious, but also some simple ones I failed anyways cause me and new years resolutions go hand in hand as well as the sun and snow

pkmin3033

I don't really make resolutions as much as I do set myself goals...which I know is a question of semantics to some degree, but I always feel very pressured to keep resolutions if I make them, and it rarely turns out well. I guess it's a question of the language I use that sets them apart, at least in my mind - rather than "I will do this" it's "I want to do this" so it makes it easier to stick to, and not quite so painful if I fail it. It also means I can pick myself up again if I stop: it's not broken because it was only something I wanted to do, not something I felt I had to do.

I have four goals for this year. One I am fairly positive I will keep. Two I am hoping will become habit after a while. The last one is something I started doing last year which lasted until...May, I think? Then I lost it and spiralled quite badly...it's also the one relating to my physical health, so it's the one I really need to actually keep to, haha. Maybe I'll manage 7 or 8 months next year?

Years
  • resolutions are basically stuff you wanna achieve within the year right? if so:
    - find a stable online job so i can finally quit my day job
    - get back into a manageable & consistent workout routine
    - sleep earlier
    - since material-wise i'm already satisfied, focus on building up my savings for the future

half of those are pretty much consistent for every year going forward

User19sq

I think for this year, my resolution should be to swallow my pessimistic thoughts and find something to smile about every day. Haven't been trying for a while now, so it's about time I did some inner Spring Cleaning and change for the better.

Years
  • I don't get the point of New Years resolutions. Personally, I think if you were really serious about a goal, you wouldn't need to wait for the New Year to start working towards it. I think that's a big part of why most resolutions fail.

Years
  • I don't really do New Year's resolutions. Instead, at the end of each October I set up the set of goals for the next 12 months in few categories - Education, Free time, Self-Education, Health and Finances. Then every Sunday I set up goals for next week and I keep track of them. And each day before I go to bed, I check the list and tick off what I have (not) done or add comment to the list if necessary. Also at the end of each cycle I evaluate how successfull I was that year. I think it helps me stay focused on my goals. Sometimes I also add more goals midway the cycle, since there is no point in waiting for new one.

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I don't take it too seriously, but it's nice when the year reaches its end and I remember all the goals I set for myself and how I (usually) achieved them!

For example, last New Year I resolved to do well at uni, dabble in cooking, finish a dozen books, be kinder on myself, get back into writing, and overall focus on the things that make me happy, even if it meant sacrificing some productivity (since my stress was through the roof). I'm proud I succeeded in all of these things and more, even if it's to a small degree.

This time, my main goal is to be more open to challenges and new experiences. I have a very restricted comfort zone that I want to broaden out! So hopefully, little by little, I can move past my crippling social anxiety. Doesn't matter if it's online or in-person, I just want to be more... fun? If I can manage this even a little by the end of 2021, I'll feel I made an important step forward in my life!

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    There's a lot of bigger and smaller things I'd love to achieve in 2021 - but to be honest, if I can get to the end of 2021 and say 'I'm happier now than I was a year ago', then anything else is just a bonus.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
  • These aren't really resolutions since they aren't long-term, but they're more of goals. Survive the rest of my senior year of high school (5 months left!!) and tell my mom I want to do cosplay (I'm scared to tell, I don't think she will like it. If she says no, I at least want her to know what it is and that I am interested in it)

Bay

Years
  • -Finish Foul Play
    -Read more books
    -Lower my cholesterol
    -Take out junk lying around in my home

Foul Play and maybe read more books are something with a finished goal in mind while cholesterol will be moreso when my doctor thinks my cholesterol levels are okay and the take out junk is as much as I can.

Years
  • I want to enjoy the year, live happy despite how the world changes in response to covid lockdowns, keep in touch with friends and family, and to spend time with my partner, remotely and in person if possible.

I like to make new years resolutions because it's always good to set some type of goal to stay optimistic for the future, even if they don't work out the way that I intended.
    I hope these resolutions are easily achievable, but 2020 has me anxious and indecisive about planning anything. I usually see them through because I keep them vague enough to be achieved without not meeting some specific goal.

Years
  • A few things on my list:

1. Be a better person.

2. Be kinder to myself - this one was forced on me by horrible therapists 😅

3. Procrastinate less. Life is so very, very, precious.

4. Write more poetry and try to get published more often. I'm really, really, lazy at times. Kinda fits in with the above...

5. Open myself up to talking to people more. It's something my autistic brain isn't very good at, but it's something I am trying hard to get more comfortable with.

6. Never mention last year ever again.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • Trying not to be too hard on myself this year because I'm going to be a hectic year but:

1) Try to be more consistent with the updates on my projects, esp my comic
    2) Work on adoptables
    3) Finish my space zine

Years
  • I have no resolutions bc I didn't really think about it heading to the new year, so just general goals like...

Get at least a stable $5/mo from art alone either via comms, patreon, etc.

Think of pretty tarot card and sticker designs to make a backlog of created art

Just improve on art, code, and communication in general.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    For the last number of years my resolution was just to work towards being happy.

Sounds kinda lame, but that's how mentally bad off I was. LOL

This year is much the same, except that I'm happier lately then I have been in a while, and so I'm just gonna keep on improving myself and working towards even more!

Back