• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Glass Castle

Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

You enter a poignant looking Glass Castle. Only to realize the sole way out is though picking one of three doors.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Left Door: Infinite wealth is beyond the door. However 25 years will instantly pass upon entry. The world will have continued and you can't get back the lost time.

Middle Door: You gain immortality upon entry, within a time loop. Every 10 years, time will reset and you retain all memories. There is no escape from the loop once it begins. Begins on January 1st 2011 and will always reset back on January 1st 2021. Being killed in the loop will reset you back to January 1st 2011.

Right Door: Think back on the last movie/book/tv show/video game media you consumed. The main antagonist from that is waiting behind the door. Survive 10 minutes in a small room with them, and you will gain the key to come and go from that universe. They will be hostile.

Alternatively, you can become a servant and clean the castle. 11 hours per day for 5 years. Pay is sufficient, but not good. You will work 6 days per week with one day off. Failing to meet the expectations of this job will result in being trapped in a dark void for eternity. The expectations will be explained only after accepting.

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I'm not interested in a time loop or cleaning for that long with such a high-risk failure. I'm somewhat interested in the wealth, but the 25 year skip is too steep for my taste.

That leaves me with the Right Door. Last media I consumed was a kid's show, Martha Speaks, that I watched with my kid. There are basically no antagonists. Some very weak swindlers is the best they got. I can absolutely survive 10 minutes with any of them. Having a key to and from that universe is kinda lame (though I love T.D. and hanging out with him might be cool; if nothing else, I got the big pupper, Skits, who is a cute doggie), but it's the best option I've got here.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I guess I could face a cylon for 10 minutes... One of the evil human-looking ones... We could just talk for 10 minutes, in a hostile fashion d:

Or I'd be a cleaner; better lose 5 years than 25.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    So there's basically no guarantee to get out if we pick the cleaning one? After all you can only get out through one of the three doors? And if the last medium I interacted with ends up being a video on Youtube: does that meaning I have to face capitalism? Since that's the antagonist of any good content? Because, clearly, it can't be more hostile than it already is. So ten minutes should be no issue. It's just more of the same.

Like, the last thing I interacted with was one of the articles on PC (the Pokemon GO one). Does that mean I have to deal with the questionable decisions of the company that made the game? I mean, I don't even play the game...

Years
    • Seen today
    So there's basically no guarantee to get out if we pick the cleaning one? After all you can only get out through one of the three doors? And if the last medium I interacted with ends up being a video on Youtube: does that meaning I have to face capitalism? Since that's the antagonist of any good content? Because, clearly, it can't be more hostile than it already is. So ten minutes should be no issue. It's just more of the same.

Like, the last thing I interacted with was one of the articles on PC (the Pokemon GO one). Does that mean I have to deal with the questionable decisions of the company that made the game? I mean, I don't even play the game...

Capitalism took the day off. You get to face 'The Macho Man' Randy Savage!

The Glass Castle

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Definitely the left door.

Becoming a servant seems to have a horrible risk-reward ratio, so I'ma pass on that. Immortality via time loop doesn't sound very fun, if I gain immortality I'd like to experience more than the same 10 years over and over again. I mean, you could do try to do different things every cycle, but meh. And then the right door....that'd mean going to Elden Ring's world, and uh, I really don't think irl me would be able to last 10 minutes against most bosses from that.

Instantly jumping 25 years into the future feels like a relatively small price to pay for me personally, and with all that money, I'd never have to worry about food/water/shelter/etc ever again. And if my wealth truly is infinite, there's the chance that I could potentially do some real good for the world.

Years
    Man if I were single I'd take the infinite wealth door in a heart beat, especially if I don't age. I wish I could take my partner with me to the door, then we could move out of this hell hole country, start completely anew in a fancy home in a colder climate place where we know nobody, and not even have to worry about working as we can pay bills, taxes, and anything and everything we could want without hassle. 2047 here we come~

Years
    I don't want to face an antagonist, in the next 25 years I'll probably become even weaker, failing to meet the expectations of being a servant will result in being trapped in the dark void which I don't want to happen.

I'll pick the middle door since it seems to be less stressful and I don't see anything wrong with going back in time.

Years
    First.
    I'll be 57 and will just be able to live out my life peacefully with the wealth, lost time or not. Plus I may pass away while the 25 years are passing because I'm not exactly healthy.

Last media I consumed was Rune Factory 5 where they have terrifying magic and dragons, so I will absolutely not survive a small room with the villain, especially if they're hostile. Probably nothing I can do there so will pass on the right door.

The middle door… probably not. That ten-year period will include me developing (or realizing) I had crippling anxiety in certain situations and being forced to relive that. I would also be forced to relive working at the job where my boss was emotionally abusive on top of that, while I struggle with my own already-awful mental health. Unless, if I do retain my memories, I don't have to relive those exact experiences and can do different things for the ten years instead knowing certain choices are bad. Still, it will be super painful being stuck in this loop and knowing it's pointless to make friendships/connections since they will just forget you in the end.

Probably the left door for me. I really don't want to suddenly age 25 extra years (though it's honestly better if others around me do too since then I'm not magically 25 years older than my spouse), but I really, really don't want the other two. Though the left door's time skip also means that my family could potentially no longer be alive after 25 years which is awful. This is so tough! Still will probably go with left. T_T

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I haven't answered yet, so I'll go ahead.

The right door will kill me. I'll be facing Giovanni who has Mewtwo.

The middle door would be odd. I would basically be reliving my entire school experiences over again forever (end of grade school, middle, and high). That would be okay. I'll stay home on a certain day in 2018. I lost a ton of family over the last 10 years too, so reliving that would be awful.

I would still be in my 40's if I entered the left door, so that isn't bad. It's going to pain me leaving my only parent. I was born when she was older, so it would make her almost 90 when I return. All the wealth in the universe doesn't bring that back.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Left door.. I am not concerned with infinite wealth and losing 25 years is a lot of time. I would much rather have the 25 years to spend with friends and family. There's nothing that I would want to do which would require so much wealth to make it feel tempting. That being said, I am more open to this as an option than the middle door.

Middle door, January 1st 2011 to January 1st 2021 would be from elementary school - my 2nd year of college. Whilst I do have a lot of positive memories from within this time that I do sometimes wish to revisit, there is also a lot I would rather not relive through. Some of these experiences whilst resolved within the time loop, seeing it reset all the progress I made would just be disheartening. I also imagine that the novelty of being able to cruise through school will be lost once I realise how repetitive the time loop is. I also just wouldn't find it rewarding if it all reset in the end, friendships wouldn't feel meaningful at all. Whilst the past is nice, I am OK with not living within it.

Right door, I think the last media I consumed was Sailor Moon, where Nephrite is the villain at the moment. Maybe I could fistfight him but I don't think I'll have a very high chance of winning. Still, I have hope. :D

I think realistically given these choices, I'd pick the left door as at least I'd be guaranteed to survive. But a tough choice overall..

Years
    I honestly have no idea. These all end terribly for me lmao. Even the "safe" option of the cleaning job would probably kill me with my health issues :')

Years
    • Seen today
    I honestly have no idea. These all end terribly for me lmao. Even the "safe" option of the cleaning job would probably kill me with my health issues :')

out of curiosity, what was your right door scenario?

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    I couldn't take the left door, because it would mean aging to the point where having children is very unlikely, and my boyfriend would be rather shocked to find I'm a middle-aged woman when I meet him!

The middle door is a definite no. Apart from 2018 and 2019, which were amazing for me, re-living the past 10 years would be an endless cycle of being my worst self living with my worst demons. Being a teenager was awful for me!

I'm a slow cleaner so chances are I'd end up in the void if I chose to clean the castle. 😅

That leaves me with the most feasible choice... surviving 10 minutes with an Awoofy! What's the worst it could do? Cuddle me? :D

The Glass Castle

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Left Door: Not great, but with an upside.

Middle Door: Awful. Turns your existence into a pointless one. Never reverberates beyond those ten years. Could learn great scientific knowledge. Helps for a brief time before getting erased.

Right Door: Played Rune Factory 5 most recently, much like Sheep. (Still playing it, so no spoilers.) Met the presumptive primary antagonist once so far. Probably dies within five minutes, if not sooner. Only becomes worse if it is someone else. No.

Servant: How lenient are they? What happens if illness incapacitates you for two days? Do you get banished to the void?

Picks Left Door. Surely solves a lot of the world's problems with infinite wealth. Risks destroying economies too, though. Requires a light touch and the right methods, in that case. Carries it on beyond death with multiple successors. Splits infinity wealth without an issue.

Hm. Are thieves going to be an issue? Loses nothing from theft. How do they use their ill-gotten gains? How much can they obtain from one theft? Infinite also? Spreads like a virus from there, if so. What power does infinite wealth hold if everyone has infinite wealth?

Alternatively, will publicity cause problems? Remembers reading a story about a huge lottery winner. Shrouded the winner in mystery. Occurred in a small town, however. Limited the number of possibilities. Lead to rumors, outsiders begging random strangers for money, and letters to random residents. Blunts this by supplying everyone with enough to live on, theoretically. Should not destroy economies on solely that, right?

Presents a lot of questions. Knows none of the answers. Sticks with Left Door anyways.

Back