• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious What is your Gender/Sexual Identity?

Years
  • I'm a gay cis-male, and my pronouns are he/his. I've acknowledged my gayness since age 12 or 13 (over half my lifetime ago YEESH). There was a period of time when I tried to deny my sexuality, but I eventually realized it was easier to just accept it. Going by the Kinsey scale:
    XQ4AAWo.png

I'd say I'm somewhere between 5 and 6 (closer to 6, probably).

What about you?

[Edit: Please note - do not feel like you have to utilize the Kinsey Scale in your post as it is relatively outdated with regard to modern concepts of gender and sexuality; I posted it with the intent of illustrating my sexuality.]

Last edited:

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    probably 4? feels like it fluctuates a lot, like totally feel like i'm on a 6 right now but if i really think about it i feel like there's no way i could be a 6. always see benefits to being with either and i also simply don't really care if i have any feelings for anyone so

she/her, totally identify as a girl/woman/female but AMAB. i don't really like outing myself as trans too much because i don't really feel like that's my identity.

Noblejanobii

The Maddest Shaymin
    Years
  • I probably swing between 2 and 4 depending on the day, which sounds really weird but there are just some days I find myself looking at guys more and some days I'm looking at girls more. Definitely for like the last week or so I've consistently be a 4.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Hmmmm
    I guess I'm somewhere between 0 and 2? Probably 1, idk. I've been confused about it for a while now, but I'm certainly predominantly heterosexual

Years
  • 6 haven't had relations with girls/women ever so thats a thing... /shrug

Kinsey scale is inherently outdated as it was developed in the 1950s. So it doesn't include a nonconforming gender. Just one axis of difference, but it still is pretty useful tool to break the ice in understanding someone.

Years
  • Trans-lesbian. I'm fairly sure I'm a solid 6. I can acknowledge when a dude looks attractive/good but otherwise I'm not into them.

Years
  • Straight cis male
    Similar boat to Angie, I can certainly acknowledge when another dude is attractive but I've never experienced anything even remotely close to being attracted to another man.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    In the timeless words of Popeye, "I yam what I yam."

I've been rather laissez-faire about my own gender in recent years - while I still insist online people call me Adriana, and that's what everyone knows me as nowadays, I have little in the way of gender dysphoria, and even when I did, I was never much for trying to present myself as feminine. Like, my voice is deep even if it is very gay, and I don't often shave my facial hair. I'm very tall and bulky and don't exactly lend an image of femininity from below the face. If surgery and hormones were cheap, easily attained and there was little social consequence to transitioning, sure, I'd go get those pork cutlet titty implants tomorrow. But it's difficult, and I'm much too lazy to undergo that trial when I'm currently doing just fine. I'd say I'm genderfluid, and that works very well for me. It helps that my face is naturally soft and feminine, even with facial hair, so I'm rather blessed in that regard. Overall, I consider myself overtly feminine rather than specifically 'female'.

As for sexuality, I like men. Not so much the genitalia attached to them, but we can't always get what we want!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm a cis female and I guess I'm... bisexual? Pansexual? I don't know the difference anymore, tbh, but I've always identified as bi so that feels right. For a while I subscribed to the "pan means anyone, bi means strictly the gender binary" but that doesn't seem to be the definition at all anymore and I definitely don't care about the gender binary in terms of who/what I'm attracted to so...! Whatever! I guess I'd be a 3 on the Kinsey scale. Maybe leaning towards 4? But mostly just because men are scary and a lot of straight men are just Yikes and I'm not interested in that lmfao. (I once had a massive crush drop down to negative interest in about 30s because a straight guy I thought was cool invalidated my bisexuality in one line so now I'm just plain wary, lol.)

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Trans masculine & pan, but have zero interest in sex. I don't know where I'd lean on this scale, since this is the case...
    Panromantic asexual? (I don't think it'd be weird to view the scale either from a romantic or sexual point of view!) :o

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • Cis male here, probably like a 2 or a 1.5 on that scale. I was confused about it for a while but I think I've finally figured it out in that regard.

EDIT: i've never actually seen that scale before it's really cool

Last edited:
    Years
  • Cis-male and definitely a 0-1 on that scale. I don't have much experience with dating (other than a girlfriend in high school), but I never see myself attracted to males and only think that girls are cute.

pkmin3033

Absolutely none of those describe me, really. Seems like a painful oversimplification of what can be an incredibly complex and meaningful topic for some people, too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I broke the scale.

Absolutely none of those describe me, really. Seems like a painful oversimplification of what can be an incredibly complex and meaningful topic for some people, too.

They Kinsey scale was before the modern division of gender and sex. If you attribute your sexuality along gender lines, then scale cannot work as the scale has cisgender people in mind

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Historically I've been romantically interested in anyone, but only sexually attracted to the male sex. Idk where that puts me on the scale? Generally I tend to much more easily get a crush on someone who seems to like me in return - I never chase people who seem totally uninterested lmao - and since most guys seem to like girls and I'm presenting feminine, I suppose there's just been that many more opportunities to explore that.

I really never felt like my inner gender was a big part of my identity. So nowadays I'm calling myself nonbinary or even agender, mostly because I'm frankly apathetic towards the notion of gender in social/emotional ways and wish we didn't have to bother with them ahah. I still present as feminine because idk I'm used to it and feminine clothes happen to fit my body better than masculine ones? The whole thing doesn't worry me, and I'm comfortable as I am, but it does feel like a small relief somehow when I ask to be referred to with they/them/their instead of traditional female pronouns, and people actually respect it and do c:

Years
  • I broke the scale.

They Kinsey scale was before the modern division of gender and sex. If you attribute your sexuality along gender lines, then scale cannot work as the scale has cisgender people in mind
    For the sake of clarification, I did not post the Kinsey scale in the first post for every poster in this thread to utilize how they personally identify - I used it as a point of reference for me and my sexuality. My apologies. I'll update the first post.

Last edited:
    Back