• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What made you smile/happy today?

Years
My loving cat slept the whole night and into this morning right beside me. He didn't move from my lap until I couldn't put off getting up to work any longer, and had to rise and shine. I wish we could have stay cuddled together all day.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Petting the cat we're catsitting while drinking some coffee and reading a good book. Also, doing this while seeing the sunrise was great and brought me much joy this morning.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
It's really nice having a friend request accepted from someone I knew in Elementary School.

I just threw it out for fun with the premise that it was 99% sure to be rejected. But hey apparently I was remembered.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
My Mono-Fairy run of Xenoverse going so damn well already; I've pretty much solo'ed the game with Shyleon so far.

Oh, and seeing Gym Leader Ginger again... on Kiss a Ginger Day of all days. 😳

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
This one might be long, but one instance took place at the mall today. My big sis and I decided to go to the mall today, and when we pulled into the parking lot, we noticed an elderly lady walking out the mall's main entrance, gasping for air and stumbling as if she was about to fall forward. It looked really serious. To make matters worse, some people who stood outside the mall only watched and laughed at her. We pulled over the car, got out, held her up to prevent her from falling over, and asked her if she was alright. She said that she didn't think she would make it to her car. Thus, we helped her to our car instead, which was much closer, and let her sit in the backseat with the heat on to catch her breath. She thanked us and told us that she had a heart murmur, but her condition was never this serious to the point where she couldn't breathe when walking. In my head, I was thinking she had heart failure rather than just a heart murmur, but I didn't say anything because I'm no doctor, but I was aware of the seriousness of the situation.

I simply said that it would be for the better if we called her an ambulance because she was definitely not in the condition to drive back home. While we were waiting for the ambulance, she caught her breath, thanked us again, and started telling us stories. In particular, she said that I reminded her a lot of her granddaughter, who is kind to her and helps her out when she needs it. They were heartwarming stories that strongly highlighted a grandmother's love. It made me smile. She also stated that the younger generation is wonderful and that anyone who talks badly about it should be ignored. She even tried to offer us money for helping her, but we turned it down because it wouldn't have felt right to take it. I feel that helping someone in need should be free. Eventually, the ambulance arrived, and the paramedics put her on a gurney and placed her in the back. We made sure she was able to call her relatives to pick up her car and stuff, and she thanked us again before they took her away. It made me smile that we were able to help her out and hear the kind words that she had to say about us, the younger generation, and her granddaughter.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
Years
Had a writer's block for a few days in regards to one of my stories.

Had a random moment of clarity and now I'm back at it, weeoo.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen yesterday
I like my brains ability to store random bits of information. Even when I'm not paying full attention

I remembered the name of a company brand that I had never given thought much towards at all.

Years
Hearing that a dog at my local chapter of the Humane Society is getting adopted. He's a calm, quiet but healthy senior dog that looks like he might be part yellow lab, and also fashion icon known for sporting sweaters. I would have liked to have adopted him myself, but because I have a male Pyrenees, a breed not known for their friendliness towards other adults of the same sex, I didn't go for it. Fortunately though, I hear that an adopter has come for him, and Gramps will soon have a nice place to live out his golden years like he and every dog and cat deserves :)

Years
I have a nice new fluffy rug that everyone who visits comments on how soft and pretty it is, and wants to stroke it. It's not only people-approved, but pet-approved, all dogs and cats see it and go snuggle on it.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
Finishing my Mono-Fairy run of Pokémon Xenoverse! Both happy and sad, actually, because this might be my last playthrough of Xenoverse before the final story update releases and I don't know how my view of the game will change in light of its ending.

Not like I didn't ignore a lot of lore in said playthrough already though, which brings me back to the happy part. Hey Salem, there's someone way more hermoso than both you and Aster in the room right now, but since I know your belligerent tendencies as well as mine, I won't tell you who. Ever. Ehuehuehuehahahaha

Back