• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How many playthroughs of the games have you done

Years
  • I have done 3 playthroughs of Scarlet and Violet and these were the teams I used

Scarlet - 1st playthrough

Quaquaval
    Kilowattrel
    Pawmot
    Scovillain
    Farigiraf
    Baxcalibur

Scarlet - 2nd playthrough

Meowscarada
    Flamigo
    Bellibolt
    Armarouge
    Dondozo
    Tinkaton

Scarlet - 3rd playthrough

Skeledirge
    Bombirider
    Dudunsparce
    Veluza
    Orthworm
    Arboliva

Violet - 1st playthrough

Skeledirge
    Kilowattrel
    Palafin
    Espathra
    Cetitan
    Daschbun

Violet - 2nd playthrough

Meowscarada
    Kilowattrel
    Veluza
    Ceruledge
    Garganacl
    Clodsire

Violet - 3rd playthrough

Quaquaval
    Sqwakabilly
    Bellibolt
    Ceruledge
    Lokix
    Toedscruel

I am planning to do a 4th playthrough of both games and I will use the remaining new Gen 9 Pokemon that I have not yet used such as Kingambit, Annihilape, Brambleghast, Mabosstiff, Spidops, Oinklogne, Wugtrio & Tatsugiri and I will also use Pokemon from other regions.

Last edited:

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    I only did one and I still haven't bothered to play the post game. The gen 9 games are very mediocre to me. I'll probably do a second playthrough one of these days to confirm my own analysis of their mediocrity.

Years
  • I love Scarlet & Violet such wonderful games the Academy Ace Tournament is such a fantastic addition in the post game looking forward to the DLC coming and I would also say that Scarlet & Violet are as good as Sword, Shield, Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl.

I disagree with Scarlet & Violet being mediocre one game that fits that description is Legends Arceus such an awful and boring game.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • I also really enjoyed S/V. I've done one full run of Violet and two (so far) of Scarlet.

Can't really list my Team for Violet, as it was kinda all over the place, but I can say I started with Meowscarada, one-shot the 'Top Champ'-'s final Pokemon with it by accident lol.

My first Scarlet Team was:

Quaquaval
    Armarouge
    Magnezone
    Mimikyu (which turned out to be the MVP of the whole Team)
    Clodsire
    Dragonite

For my second go around at Scarlet I used:

Skeledirge
    Golduck
    Gogoat
    Garganacl
    (a shiny) Vivillon
    Hariyama (which I later replaced with my last run's Mimikyu, due to it underperforming my expectations)

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Completed one playthrough of Scarlet so far. Team: Meowscarada, Garganacl, Dondozo, Great Tusk, Kilowattrel, and Armarouge. Avoided Terastallizing and affection bonuses from the outset. Stopped using items in the Elite Four after noticing none of them using any.

Plans to do another sometime soon. Will probably coincide with the next Challenge Spotlight (in the Challenges subforum). Barring that, a monotype.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    What are you favorite Pokemon so far if you were making a Scarlett Dream team for yourself?

XVanitasX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2023
    I disagree with Scarlet & Violet being mediocre one game that fits that description is Legends Arceus such an awful and boring game.

While I will completely agree with you on Legends:Arceus being shit, Scarlet and Violet are basically Legends:Arceus 2.0. Same shit formula of a fully open and explorable world (this never appealed to me as a feature in Pokemon games) with very little substance and a weak story, on par with gen 8. I'd actually rate Sword/Shield higher, because at least those games followed the traditional formula for Pokemon but implemented a Wild Area to appease the cringers who were begging for open world.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • Again, the forum has rules that must be followed. Profanity must be kept to a minimum or preferably not used at all if it's not necessary. Also, as I mentioned before, sharing your opinion is not a problem, neither is having disagreements. However, please be respectful when you share your opinions. Referring to people as "cringers" because they have a different opinion to you is not respectful and could potentially go south if someone takes offense. Going forward, please keep that in mind.

Thanks,

Serenity

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I won't do another playthrough of the game until HOME opens up for S/V. I am worried about losing my shinies if I reset a game on the second profile too many times (or even if just doing it once wipes data).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Ehm... One.

I have dozens of backlogged games I want to play (mostly on Steam, which is currently my main platform). I won't do multiple playthroughs of a game unless: A) Said game is an absolute masterpiece that blown my mind, or B) It's a fairly short game that requires several playthroughs for 100% completion and I enjoy enough to do it.

Will likely do a second playthrough of Scarlet, and Legends Arceus in a future, but definitely won't happen this year.

Years
  • One playthrough of Violet. Started with the kitty simply because it's the best option. :coolcat:
    Picked up a Shroodle and Flamigo in the first area, and a Flittle from a Tera den in the first area.
    Much later on found Cetoddle and added it as my Ice type and ended up eventually putting Charcadet on the team and evolved it into Ceruledge.

Out of that team the standouts were Meowscarada, Flamigo, Espathra, Ceruledge. Cetitan did some work too but I didn't use it as much.
    Grafaiai was pretty much just my fairy types melter and didn't do all that much tbh. Shroodle is far too frail in the early game. Once it evolved I used it for a while, but Grafaiai dropped off again in the late game.

Started a second playthough on my child account which I never finished as I lost interest.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • To answer the question, I only did one playthrough for now. I told myself that I would do another playthrough when the DLC comes out so I can play the game again with some of my favorites that weren't in the game initially.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just once so far. I don't usually do more playthroughs until after a Pokemon game is no longer the newest one, and since we're waiting on the DLC that's another reason for me not to start a 2nd playthrough. I have plenty of games to play through right now as is anyway, and not as much time as I used to due to work.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't finished my first playthrough. I saved at the penultimate battle back in January and haven't touched it since. Distracted by other activities. My loss. I shall finish it soon (or someday).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    None yet! But although I have spoiled myself for basically the whole story already, I'm pretty hyped to play Scarlet soon now that I finally have a Switch :)

Years
  • Just one. I'm too attached to my playthrough and don't want to start over yet. Maybe for future gens when I can move everything over to HOME to preserve it, but for now it'll stay!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • One each. I don't have the energy to do a second whole playthrough of the switch games. Just don't really feel like it, you know?

Years
  • I've only finished Violet. And only once. I had no motivation to turn it on again after beating the story. I still have a copy of Scarlet, which I plan on doing some kind of challenge.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    One each so I could continue my Living Dex. And wow did Scarlet feel weird after playing Violet first.

Years
  • If you don't count post-game then just one. I stopped at the final battle and didn't finish, just didn't have the enthusiasm for some reason.

I might play through again one day, certainly like Paldea much better than Galar.

Back