• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I'm Fine With Smoking

Years
  • Smoking is bad, because it stinks and it was hell getting my mother to quit, and I was only 10 back then as well when I made her kick the bucket on her smoking habit because she was close to getting huge health problems. I also can't stand going near cigarette smoke either.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • eh i do it on rare occasion but my boyfriend doesn't like me doing it so i'm giving it up completely. i was never addicted anyways and stuff so it's not too big a deal.i don't mind other people smoking because a bunch of people in my family do it and i've just gotten used to it. also a couple of my friends family members do it so i've just gotten used to the smell and smelling like smoke after i leave their houses. i don't like when other people do it but i can't stop them. *shrug*

Years
  • I've never liked smoking whatsoever. I have been in large groups of people and i try to avoid it as much as possible. Not only it's unhealthy, but it also affects people who don't smoke to the point of fighting (I have witnessed twice a scene in a bar no joke). I think what makes people start it is because they think that smoking makes them more mature (like coffee and milk that coffee makes you the MAN and milk is for kiddos lol), or sometimes by smoking it's like they seems less attractive to things and they think that they look cool. In my opinion, smoking=drug just avoid it no matter what they tell you although it can be rough because it may cost you some friends but if someone has true friendship with you then it's gonna cost you nothing because, the true friend will not care about a minor issue like it. Stay as much healthy as it's possible because you can be addicted to it very easily. I've never done smoking but i know a lot since one of my parents cannot stop it unfortunately :(

P.S To non smokers Good Job keep it up!

P.S 2 To smokers every day try to smoke one less cigarette/less proportion and you will see some progress

P.S 3 To smokers that don't like to stop smoking please don't affect other people :) Thanks!

P.S 4 (P.S 4 Exists? YEAH! Of course it exists lol) It can be troublesome like many problems in everyday life so you can always ask for it or search about it take care!.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    No, ew. Well okay, maybe a cigarette when drunk once in a while. But people who smoke smell bad, like, I really really don't like how smokers smell. When I've had a cig my mouth tastes bad for so long afterwards. Plus it makes me feel a bit sick. So in general I don't smoke.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I don't smoke, not only because I'm not the legal age yet, but also because smoking is just toxic. It doesn't do anything good for your body. I also hate the smoking smell.

天 (Caine)

Flower Child
    Years
  • I'll smoke cigars when the occasion calls for it, but those times are very, very rare. I just don't see the appeal of nicotine.

I'm 100% for designated smoking areas. A cigarette should never be lit near a door of any establishment. It's also the smoker's responsibility to be aware of people with breathing problems and small children around them.

Something does bother me though, in regards to non smokers. A lot of people forget the fact that it's a vice, and everyone has one. I'm not justifying it by any means, but at the end of the day, they're substance abusers and that doesn't make them any less of a person from someone who isn't hooked on an addiction. I'll stress again that it doesn't make it right, but their addiction doesn't make them any less of a person.

Years
  • I smoke, I won't around people who don't like it though, just because I'm stupid enough to poison myself doesn't mean other people should have to deal with it.

As for my feelings towards it, I don't like a lot of things about it )but I don't have the will power to give up, it's a good stress reliever and an excuse to go outside for a break.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • people talk to smokers like they've got no idea that smoking is bad for them. trust me, we know. we'd not do it if it wasn't an addiction.

I think it's incredibly attractive and I like the smell but I don't do it because the cons outweigh the pros, pretty much. but yeah. it looks cool as hell to me. like, aesthetically.

knew you'd have my back xo

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Like most who answered, I don't smoke and never will. I have really bad asthma and if I'm exposed to cigarette smoke even briefly, I get asthma attacks and end up coughing and weezing for weeks--god knows how bad it would be if I were to actually smoke it myself.

I don't really care about other people smoking though. It's not my place to say what other people should and shouldn't do regarding their own health. Even despite my sensitivity to it I don't tend to say anything when people smoke around me--I just do my best not to inhale too much of it. Luckily I don't hang around too many people who smoke, so that's not a huge problem these days.

Years
  • I hate pretty much everything about smoking.

It hurts people physically, emotionally, and even financially. Yet they choose to do it anyways. Those who choose not to smoke are often exposed to it in public, and it can be very hard to avoid. Rarely do I get to walk into a store without having to hold my breath, because there smokers right outside the door. If I inhale even a small bit of smoke I start to get headaches, start coughing, and I get a pain in my chest.

I shouldn't have to be exposed to clouds of poison, but cigarettes force that to be a part of my everyday life.

Years
  • Not an uncommon thing here it seems, but I've always been completely bull-headed about never ever smoking. That horrible smell made me wince and cough as a child, and still does. I'm not terribly preachy about it, but I've offended party smokers more than once through refusal :p

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • i am the opposite of this
    I'm Fine With Smoking

i hate the smell
    i hate it when people literally stink like nothing but cigg smell
    if i want to destress i will go play a game or something, i cannot be bothered to freaking toxic my body all day every day and waste my precious freaking money on pure sh!t that is most likely going to make me sick in the end anyways...
    if i have to waste money i rather waste it on clothing, food, jewelry etc​

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • I don't like smoking by any account but it's a bit of each to their own I guess. As long as it's not right in my face and affecting me I don't really care what people do.

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
  • Eh, a lot of my friends smoke so I'm used to the smell and atmosphere it brings. Never smoked myself because obvious health reasons but I don't mind people smoking around me

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I can't stand smoking personally, and I would prefer that other people not do it. While I'm fine with people making their own choices, and am fine with cigarettes being available to anyone who wants to buy them, second hand smoke toxicity is a very real issue, so if people want to smoke, I would prefer that they do so away from anyone else who could be affected by it. In particular, it bothers me when people smoke at home around their children, as kids can't necessarily leave the house to get away from it, and it increases the likelihood of health problems (like asthma and lung cancer) for the next generation. (Plus, the healthcare system costs enough already; it would be better to avoid putting any more burden on it through unnecessary second hand smoke exposure.)

I've never seen the appeal of smoking. I can't stand the smell, and I don't like breathing in smoke of any kind, so it simply doesn't appeal to me. And I don't think I could date a smoker, because it can seem like kissing an ashtray at times. I do recognize that it's extremely difficult to quit, and I'm impressed by anyone who tries and succeeds in doing so, but I tend to consider smoking a fairly foolish thing to get into in the first place.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I can't. I'd probably die since I already struggle to breathe these days. I can't even be around it because the scent makes me cough/feel nauseous or dizzy. And even if I did smoke I'd probably kill my mother because she's an asthmatic.

As for what I think about it? I don't fucking care. If you smoke, that's your decision. I'm not gonna call you out on it, I'm not gonna comment on it. That's your business, and not mine. I have no right to say anything.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I've never smoked and never will. And honestly, being around it is very off putting because of the smell and how cough-inducing it is. I get that people can "make their own decisions", but don't do it near me, and don't expect me to ride in your car or go in your house for extended periods of time if they smell like smoke.

Psychic

Really and truly
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2018
    My grandmother died from lung cancer, which she got from smoking an outrageous amount of cigarettes from a young age, when I was a kid. I had already been pretty heavily indoctrinated by all the anti-smoking PSA's at that point, but that cemented my hatred of it. I'm so glad I live in a place with strict laws about smoking - no smoking indoors whatsoever, and smokers have to stand at least x distance from a building's entrance to smoke.

I do judge people who smoke, and while I wouldn't say anything out loud, I don't try to hide it. :P

~Psychic

Back