• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When are you most productive?

Inky

:pleading_face:
Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    lo-fi-is-strange-true-colors-lo-fi-is-strange.gif

When do you get the most work done? Be that school, your job, personal projects, etc., is there a time of day you're most productive?

Personally I've always been someone who gets a lot more done at night than during the day. How about you?

Years
  • I am never productive but if I was it would most likely be in the afternoon/evening but not too late at night because that's my time to relax.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    same as tyler, I thrive under pressure

I also have weird bursts of productivity that come out of nowhere sometimes, like all of a sudden on a Saturday at 5 am, when I've been up all Friday night I will get the urge to deep clean every surface in the bathroom

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Usually somewhere in the morning or afternoon. I have never been able to work properly after dinner which is difficult with a uni/work schedule when I get home at night because I get so tired that I just knock out or go to sleep.. sometimes at my desk. :D

When I was in high school it was absolutely right after school since I would go to the library and study. For me I think the environment matters more, the day at work will go by and I can work the entire time without feeling distracted. Libraries I tend to do better in... at home with everything that could distract me usually does not go too hot haha.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    It's a weird mix of being close to a deadline and working in the evening. I also work better when I'm not at home, for some reason. Like, I can easily get things done if I'm at uni, but I can't if I'm at home.

Years
    • Online now
    Very early in the morning, so I end up taking classes at abnormal hours.

1:00 PM - 2:00 PM often ends up being my most tired hour and sometimes I sleep through it completely.

Years
  • More of a matter of fatigue than time of day for me, though often I do get more tired as the day goes on.
    Once I get too tired productivity plummets to the point where I might as well just not do anything at all =p

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
    Years
  • I'm most productive in the morning, right after I've woken up. It starts fading after about an hour of good work.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Straight up, I work best under pressure. If I have any spare time, I tend to waste it, haha.

Despite not being a morning person, I definitely do think I get my best work done in the before noon. Even if I don't want to be productive, the results of that early morning effort just always seem better imo. Then when like 2pm - 3pm rolls around, I feel like I can't get anything done. Like my brain is so drained and no amount of coffee will get me out of that head fog. Even on my days off I find myself just being generally sleepy around that time. I usually get a second wind of motivation at night (ie: right now) but this is also the time when I'm most prone to anxiety, so I have to measure myself somewhat. If I end up sleeping, well good! If not, I will stew all night and eventually resign myself to being awake and work until dawn yet still somehow have nothing to show for it, lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    When I like doing something and I don't have any alternative going on at that moment. As a result I can be productive at very random times. But most of the time I'm not. ^^"

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • It varies. I tend to be more productive in the mornings at the moment. Like, early mornings. I also get burnt out by the time the day ends, so my productivity tends to fail me by that time. ><

Years
  • When I feel good. And by good I mean no headache, no stomach troubles, no dizziness. Like a day where I feel like a normal human being.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'm just like OP. I tend to be more productive during the late afternoon and in the evening, sometimes stretching to the wee hours of the night. Anytime after noon, really. I'm a night owl, so it doesn't surprise me that my energy levels are lowest in the early morning.

pkmin3033

I've always been a morning person, to the point that I generally refuse to do anything after 1pm. After lunch, that's it - relaxation time. I like to get things out of the way as quickly as possible so I don't have to spend the whole day worrying about them.

Years
  • God, I honestly don't know. I feel like it really varies and I'm a similar level of productive throughout the day. But probably during the day, usually late mornings or early afternoons? This is the most common time for me to do necessary things like cleaning. Computer-related tasts are better left for the evening though, I feel like I can relax my mind enough to do them then!

Years
  • After a couple years in the workforce, and over a year of having a freelance sched, I've confirmed that I'm a morning person. It's hard these days to be productive when I have to work at night due to noise issues during the day (as a voice over artist without a treated room I need as much silence as possible). I'm more tired and more cranky, leading to more shitty days than if I were to operate during sunlight hours. Also a 4am-1pm sleep schedule just isn't bueno for me, but I've been coping because the job pays so well and it's easy enough to do.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • I'm not a morning person and I asked for a late afternoon-night shift just so I can sleep in until whenever I want, usually 9-10 or so.

But my productivity falls off a cliff at 10 PM.

So I guess that leaves like 10 hours in which I'm productive.

Back