• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon do you NOT wish to see?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Asks the reverse of the other thread: which Pokemon do you not want to see in Generation 9? Might seem like a purely negative thread. (Contains some, in fairness.) Offers an additional reason: absence. Treasures a Pokemon more after not seeing it for a while. Feels that way about (Kanto) Raticate. Misses it after being gone.

- Kanto starters. Featured prominently in several gimmicks (Gigantamax, Megas). Deserves a break.

- Vulpix. Likes its design. Pops up so frequently as a weather setter, however. Wants someone else in the limelight.

- Magikarp. Hauls one in as soon as you get the fishing rod. Becomes very powerful early game. Grows tired of seeing it.

- Pikachu. Knows this will not happen. Lists this due to exposure fatigue.

- Eevee. See above. Loves the eeveelutions. Wants some time apart, however.

- Pyukumuku and Wobbuffet. Dislikes their gimmick.

- Gastly. Cites the same reason as the Kanto starters.

- Wingull and Politoed. Brings Drizzle to the table. Hopes to see new Drizzle Pokemon.

- Dreepy. Chalks up another to exposure fatigue. Might like it after some time away. Seems like a solid design. (Blames its utter uselessness before level 50 too.)

- Galar fossils. Never liked their designs.

- Litten. Appears constantly in competitive. (Note: Is not a competitive player.) Trickles down to other areas. Popped up in Smash too.

- Skwovet, Rookidee, and Blipbug. Populates a lot of Galar. Wants them to make room for a different regional rodent, bird, and bug. Welcomes them back in Generation 10.

- Butterfree. Gave it a Gigantamax form. Crawls around the start of Galar, Alola, and Kalos. Please give Beautifly or Vivillon a chance to shine.

Actually put a lot of favorites in this list.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Online now
    Annoying Stupid Flying Squirrel - Stop shoving this annoying thing in every regional Pokedex. I was happy that it got excluded from the Galar Pokedex, but then they brought it back in the Isle of Armor. This time, they'd better exclude it from the whole generation.

The Ultra Beasts - They're not Pokemon, they're Megaman NT Warrior viruses.

The Patrat line - One of my least favourite lines ever.

The Magikarp line - Magikarp is overrated. Let's give some love to other Water type lines, like the Feebas line.

The Woobat, Trubbish, Foongus, and Klink lines - These lines look awkward to me.

Honorable mentions:
    -Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus - I'd love to see a generation without Landorus-T, for once. But with Legends: Arceus having introduced Enamorus, I have a feeling they will be included.
    -The Diglett and Wobbuffet lines - Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are annoying abilities. I don't want to deal with them unless they get nerfed big time.
    -Dunsparce, Plusle, Minun, Spinda, Luvdisc, and Chatot - Either give these guys evolutions, or keep them out.

Last edited:

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
    Paras, saw it more than enough times in Legends Arceus.

I probably wouldn't miss Mimikyu all that much either, especially not in competitive battles.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Can we keep Eevee, Gengar, Machamp, Alakazam and the Kanto starters out? There's zero need to have them in every game. I'd put Meowth in this list too, but it was shown in the trailer already, so there's no point.

Alola starters, pretty sure they won't bring them back. And I love Primarina but do we want more variety on competitive meta or do we want to stick to Intimidate Incineroar in every team.

Legendaries, talking about the box legendaries, of course. Same reasoning as above. Bringing the legendaries back was the worst thing they did with the SwSh dex extension.

Zubat line, give Woobat some love.

Pseudo legendaries from previous games. Especifically putting this here because of Tyranitar and Garchomp, they are annoying. I don't mind if they are brought back with a dex extension tho.

Shinx line, was never a fan of this thing.

Skwovet line, annoying till the very end + ugly + fuck Greedent

Magikarp line, I don't mind Magikarp honestly, but Gyarados gets a bit on my nerves lol. It's not even annoying, it just seems like I've seen that thing more times than I should've

Years
    - Hisuian Pokemon: why are there in the past but not in the present? Why are they so different from other pokemon designs? Be a use they are from another era and I guess it makes sense if they are extinct pokemon, so I don't want them in Gen 9. So they will obviously appear lol

- Incineroar: the same reason. Incineroar is just really strong in competitive and it's always been around since gen 7. We need something fresh indeed.

- A NEW FORM FOR KANTO STARTERS : please stop this. I have nothing against gen 1, but those three starters are spammed in every game and i m kinda annoyed by that now. They already have many forms.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Honestly I'd be fine if they left out every starter prior to gen 9.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Kanto starters, especially Charizard
    Pikachu
    Eevee
    Machamp
    Gengar
    Gyarados
    Snorlax
    Mewtwo
    Lucario
    Gen 5 elemental monkeys
    All Pika-clones
    Legendaries from previous games, because I'd rather take a decent post-game or no post-game at all over lazy "Go here, catch this legendary, go there catch that other"

I'm not into the competitive so I'm not too updated on what are the most annoyingly repeated Pokémon there except for widely known cases, but these are the ones I'm sick of constantly seeing in the games and wish they'd take a vacation.

Last edited:

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
    Hot take and this will most likely never happen but I would honestly love to not see the majority of Kanto Pokémon. Please give other gens love too like Kanto is classical but it's not the only gen. I do know it would suck to exclude Pokémon like Tauros but Pokémon has excluded Pokémon that would fit in the region.

And I would say Lucario not only because it's my least favourite but it's overly exposed and shoehorned in. Alas, it's confirmed to be in so shrugs.

And I guess no Pikaclones while we are here.

Years
    Pikachu, alas it was already in the trailer.
    All it's clones that were in SwSh.

Wobbuffet due to being a nuisance.

Galar fossil mons, because please put them out of their misery already D=

All previous starters except for those of gen 5 and 6 as they haven't been seen as recently (except Oshawott I guess)

Drifloon - I just don't want to get abducted by it 😜 (since the player char looks rather young)

Rhyhorn & Dusclops lines seem too frequent to me to.

Years
    I'd have to stop and really think about Pokémon I'm a bit sick of; certainly a lot of Pokémon used in the competitive scene get on my nerves, like Incineroar, Hatterene, Regieleki, Dusclops, and some more!

But from a game/world design standpoint, I'm actually a bit disappointed to see Hisuian Zoroark in the trailer. It's an awesome Pokémon but it kinda renders the "ancient" factor a bit pointless, since we can presume Gen 9 is much closer to modern-day.

It's totally dumb to feel disappointed about it because again, it's an awesome Pokemon, but I guess I'm more looking forward to what new regional forms we could get!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    In general, I'd like to keep every old pokemon out of the games and have another BW styled dex. I want to use new pokemon and that is all I want to use for a new generation.

As for pokemon that I think need a break...

Every Kanto Pokemon except Dragonite, Primeape, and Poliwrath lines.
    I know Kanto is the original gen. I know people want to see those pokemon... but we have had them shoved down our throats since Kalos games.... give them a break. All they are doing is taking the magic away from the original generation with how overused they have become... especially if you play Pokemon Go and every time you turn around there is a Kanto Event happening.

Fewer Pseudo Legend lines.
    Once again since Kalos, we have had an over abundance of these pokemon. They are supposed to be special to those regions. Stop including all of them every time we turn around. If you want more Pseudo Lines, then make a new one. It was amazing to have a second Pseudo Line in Hoenn.

Gardevoir line - Once again it has been over used since Kalo.
    Lucario line - Overused since Kalos.
    Lopunny line - Overused compared to other normal pokemon.

Don't get me wrong, I love these pokemon... but as pokemon get more and more over used, I start to hate them. It is what happened with me and Charizard.

Last edited:
    Honestly, a big part of me does not want to see Hisuian forms. I like the idea that they're extinct and no longer exist in the present. It's not horrible that they chose to bring them back - now we can transfer ours up from Legends and not only be able to play with them in one game - but the fact they exist in a later generation and not Sinnoh itself is really odd to me. If they do include them (even if it's just via transferring), I hope they will patch BDSP to allow that as well.

For Pokémon I want to be kept out of the games overall, then easily Zubat, Machop, and Geodude. They are around way too often and we need something else instead. Hopefully the caves in these games will have several options rather than just Geodude and Zubat, which was a big problem in Sinnoh despite having quite a few available Pokémon. :x

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I feel like the stuff that probably, actually won't be in the game are practically anyone who is genuinely outclassed by another, or several other species in the series. Since every mon is usable to an extent, I'm pretty sure the ones that get sidelined are probably the cases where they feel you are better off using another option. This of course would be solved by if they decide to give them a boost in stats of an evo or something, but still.

From that, I can assume that since we saw that Lilligant was in the trailer, that means we likely aren't gonna see Sunflora. Looking at it I can also imagine things like Hypno and Watchog not making it either.

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
    The Kanto starters. I've been here since Gen 1, please stop. There is nothing special about Gen 1 compared to the others...until you started stuffing every gimmick form into them. EVEN WHEN YOU DIDN'T GIVE IT TO THE REGIONAL STARTERS FOR THOSE GENS! I still 1500% percent believe that we were outright robbed by not having Megas for the Gen 6 starters like we should have. It was the Gen Megas were introduced in, yet they gave it to the Gen 1 starters? It's time to stop Gamefreak. You have done way too much. Heck I was overjoyed when the Gen 3 starters got Megas because "Finally some love for other starters!" It's reached the point of active discrimination on my part, where I want nice things to happen to other starter sets and not to the Kanto set because I actively want them to miss out on stuff now. I actively want there to be features that they don't have access to. Squirtle was my first starter all those years ago, and I was actually excited when it came back in Gen 6 because it was the first time they did it and it was great to see it again. Now, I dread seeing my first starter that I got into pokemon with. I should not hate my first starter. YOU DID THIS TO ME GAMEFREAK! STOP IT!

Years
    • He or They
    • Seen Jun 19, 2022
    Remove Pikachu but bring back Raichu because it gets no love jk.

To all the people complaining about 'past pokemon', my understanding is that one version will have a 'past' theme and the other a 'future' theme. So possibly you can avoid the new forms by just playing the future one.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hope there is some explanation for Hisuian formes being in the game, given its implied they went extinct (otherwise its a plot-hole with BDSP / DPPt depending on which multiverse you're in).

I posted on the "what do you want for the game" thread, but I kinda missed Safari Zone? I at least want a reason behind the sheer variety of Pokémon available in the Wild Area.

Whoever said remove pseudo-legendaries? Agree 100%. Limit them to post-game at least. (less Kanto is a given). But also less legendaries overall. I was very relieved when Gen V came out and they had less than any game since Gen II, by the sounds of it Crown Tundra is just going to be OTT when I get to it so I'll definitely be legend-ed out. No Marill either, its far too common. In fact, lets just have everything up to Arceus in Pokédex number bar Pikachu excluded. They just got their own focus in BDSP, double-focus for those already in SwSh (triple for Legends). The last 10 years of Pokémon are still plenty!

Mostly I just want everything missing from Gen VIII to be in these primary versions of Gen IX. It seems fair. That way although you still have "Dexit", every pokémon is available on Switch just the same!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I wouldn't wish for a Pokemon to be removed. But, maybe Pokemon in every Pokedex can take a backseat this time around to make room for Pokemon that weren't in Generation 8 at all. But, like I said, I'd rather not wish for any specific Pokemon to be removed.

Sadly, for the people who don't want to see Wingull, I feel like we'll see it. Serebii has it on the Pokedex page for Scarlet/Violet. I think at this point it's expected Wingull is always going to be there.

Back