• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which version will you pick?

Scarlet or Violet?

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    We know nothing YET but based on the names honestly I'm thinking Scarlet. What about y'all?

Years
  • Based on the names, definitely Scarlet I think. It's one of my favorite names and I am sure I'd be happy with it regardless of what version exclusives it has. T__T But not opposed to Violet either!

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am also going with Scarlet so far, but it is way too soon to call it. I do however like the orange in one of the version's better for the protag clothing, but we will probably be able to change clothes, so I am not too worried about that.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Scarlet. Tries to pick a different version than what a sibling chooses. Practically guarantees Violet for them already.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2024
    It's way too early for that no idea what the legendarys are first so going to wait

Years
    • Age 23
    • She/Her
    • Canada
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Violet is my first choice, since purple's my favourite colour! I will likely get both, however.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Will depend on which version exclusives interest me more (if any). In Gen 8 I picked Shield because of Galarian Corsola, and the Ghost gym over Fighting gym.

Years
  • Eventually I will get both, but this time around I'm only picking one up at launch and it is to soon to tell for me. It is going to depend on the legendary before I make my final decision.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'll be getting both as per usual, but Violet will be my main simply because purple has always been my favorite color. Having my preferred cover legendary and/or version exclusive list will be a bonus for me at this point.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I've just added a poll - feel free to go back and add to it so we can see which is the most popular :)

So update on thoughts: My partner will get one and I'll get the other so effectively I'm team both!

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • Violet. Purple is my favorite color. So now I just have to see what I'm getting for that version. And yes I lock in with my friends what version we are getting first before the exclusives come out so we don't fight over it if one of them just seems "better". So here's hoping my favorite color doesn't let me down.

Back