• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

News: Tinkaton voted most popular Pokémon native to Paldea

Tinkaton voted most popular Pokémon native to Paldea

Tinkaton voted most popular Pokémon native to Paldea

At least, according to players frequenting a Japanese game guide website. It beat out Clodsire by over a thousand votes!
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
As soon as I saw it, I loved it tbh. Figures Clodsire would get voted second also, I was wondering if Clod or Tink would win.

Surprised that Ceruledge didn't come third though :) That being said, Meowscarada and Sprigatito line are def my fav Paldea starters.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
It definitely is my fave gen 9 Pokemon. And it also has my favorite type combination.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Nice choice. Can't wait to build my own Tinkaton in Pokémon Scarlet.
I love the whole appearence of the metallic fairy - just like a candy in a wicked disguise.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
It was my fav from the second I got it, barely edging out Clod.

In short, I agree with the poll results.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen today
Wonders how much this will change in a few months. Spots only one Paradox Pokemon in the top 24 (not counting the legendaries). Would not have guessed Slither Wing to be that one.

Notices both Pawmot and Pawmi in the top 24. Interesting.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
MzfdbjU.jpg

I noticed this is a pretty fitting reaction considering that the Tandemaus line and the Tinkatink line were designed by the same artist, Megumi Mizutani (who also designed Mimikyu). I'm... disappointed and kind of angry, but not surprised. The thing mops the floor with most of the opponents in the game, so I understand why it would be so popular.

THIS should be world news! I love these babies so much! A bit disappointed Pawmo isn't here because it's actually my favourite stage in the line but I'm happy anyway. 🥺

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Wonders how much this will change in a few months. Spots only one Paradox Pokemon in the top 24 (not counting the legendaries). Would not have guessed Slither Wing to be that one.

slither wing is precious and fluffy and fighty and a bug which is cool

i'm not surprised ^^

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I figured it would be between this and Clodsire. I'm actually shocked Meowscarada was third. I really expected that to go to Fuecoco. At least it's in the top 5. I kind of expected Armarouge and Ceruledge to be tied and I'm pretty surprised that's not the case. Not at all surprised by Charizard being here in the slightest.

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
Years
good for her tbh. she deserves it

Honestly it makes sense. Small girls holding giant weapons are peak character design.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
Cute, tough, and really knows how to break the mold! I remember during a competitive battle I was having, she completely smashed my Mimikyu with her Gigaton Hammer. My Mimikyu's Disguise didn't matter and MiMi didn't stand a chance that day. After that, I learned that she is the one to Fake Out when attempting to set Trick Room.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Good to see that a Pokemon that deserves it got the top slot and that it wasn't even close. Would've used a Tinkaton myself, but by the time I knew the line even existed I already had a Fairy type and was considering a Steel type in Orthworm. Kinda wonder what the poll would look like if it was just Gen 9 Pokemon, none from other generations.

I have to ask though....why the love for Clodsire? I don't get that one

Years
It's cute, but when I caught the first stage Tinkatink, I didn't put it on my team as it didn't appeal to me. Later I caught a Tinkatuff and still didn't like it.
Tinkaton is the only stage of the line that looks good to me.

So although Tinkaton itself is amongst my gen 9 favorites, it is not the favorite for me.
I'd rank Meowscarada higher, amongst others, but at least the kitty made it to 3rd.

It does definitely deserve to be near the top though.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
People who are surprised by what they don't think should've made it into the list should really remember that we Asian have different tastes, and yes, Slither Wing is my most favourite Paradox outside of Iron Valiant, and not surprised by the lack of Roaring Moon because Salamence is actually not very popular amongst the Asians.

Years
Gotta say I'm not at all surprised. Not sure I saw anyone who didn't use this line at some point during their playthrough lol, everyone I know did!

Years
I planned on using Tinkaton on my Violet team but once I found out it was Female only I was extremely disappointed and I went with Daschbun instead as I only use Male Pokemon on a first playthrough and mostly catch Males anyway.

I caught Tinkatink purely for the Pokedex and evolved it with EXP Candies in the post game.

These are my teams on Scarlet & Violet

Scarlet

Quaquaval
Kilowattrel
Pawmot
Scovillain
Farigiraf
Baxcalibur

Violet

Skeledirge
Kilowattrel
Palafin
Espathra
Cetitan
Daschbun

Quite a lot of playthroughs on Youtube have Baxcalibur in their teams that Pokemon has become popular I liked it when I first saw it when the Pokedex was revealed.

Last edited:
Back