• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

are you a spender or saver?

Years
  • I am the worst at saving money. I try to, though. I really, really do. I just be spending money on frivolous stuff - ordering food via delivery, etc. I'm working on it, though. That, and getting out of credit card debt.

Adulting is hard. ;_;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I was gonna say I'm more of a saver, but Tyler made me realize I do spend a lot of money on technically unnecessary stuff. The saving-earning ratio is still pretty good, and while I don't buy a lot of extravagant things, I do like my chocolates, I like my sushi, I like my bubble tea, etc. and I suppose that stuff adds up too.

With clothing, electronics and other fancier things, I like to think I'm pretty good? I'm more impulsive in person, but when I shop online I like to do my research and/or I often do this thing where I pick out a bunch of stuff I want and I leave them in the cart indefinitely without checking out
    397453417519382528.png
    which is money saved in a weird, time-wasting way

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I used to be super frugal and would save almost everything I earned, and would carefully consider purchases before making them. Then, eventually, I got reeeaaally bored of saving. It didn't feel satisfying to work 40 hrs/wk only to deposit it into a savings account and watch the figure rise.

Now I try to hit a monthly target for how much to save, and I happily spend money on whatever I want with whatever's left. Perhaps my old habits were better, but for now, I've got barely any bills; I'm gonna go ahead and spend the cash I earn. It just feels right.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm definitely a saver but not averse to spending if I truly want something.

I don't actually have urges to buy many things so it's not difficult for me to save, and I'm always thinking of the future which motivates my saving nature. In a normal month it's not at all uncommon for me to just buy food and nothing else.

I also have two savings. One long term pile which the majority of the money goes in. and a shorter term pile which goes towards things like useful purchases I know I will appreciate or travelling money for my holiday times throughout the year.

Years
  • I'd like to say I'm a saver but unfortunately I spent a lot on food and necessities so there's that...

I don't like to spend a lot unless I really have to, though.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm was saver until this month. Since the start of the October, I was spending too much on food.

But other than that I rarely buy something.

Last edited:

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i dont have any source of like.. constant income. i mostly get it from left over pellgrant money and any birthday money i get whenever my birthday rolls around. (i am hoping to get disability though).

so whenever i get any money i tend to spend a lot of it. but i try my best to save some of it and have..some sort of a budget for myself.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Been a saver all my life thanks to my dad. He was a frugal man. He taught me how to be just as economical. And although I didn't end up having complete self-control like my father, I still do a good job of setting aside a hefty amount.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I try to save money but I'm impulsive and a habitual amazon browser rip.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm surprisingly good at saving, but if I need something, like, really need something, then I end up spending quite a bit on that one thing I need. So, I'm kind of a bit of both.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
  • I always thought myself as a saver, but then I realized I often buy drinks or snacks when I go to gas station, coffee at Starbucks, or fast food and it adds up fast. So yeah, need to cut down on that. Also sometimes it's tempting to want to buy expensive electronics, but I've gotten better on that.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Been spending more this year than I usually would. But then moving out again to an overseas country, having to buy some furniture, car rental, etc can do that. :V

Usually buying food at work more often than I would for instance, partly because higher salary and also being social as a bunch of other people, especially at one of the unis I work at, typically go out to eat.

But generally I save. I don't go for new phones often and if I do they're on the cheap and certainly not the newest. I keep an eye out for discounts when shopping and don't tend to go for the fancy produce. And I'm all about free food. =p

Back