• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest gameplay session in one sitting

Years
  • I used to be able to play a game for 12 hours straight (looking at you, Rune Factory 4) and only take short breaks to have some food, but nowadays my attention span isn't as good anymore. I'd say I can do 2-3 hours before I get mentally exhausted except for a small list of certain other games, like MMOs, where I can put in longer hours if I really enjoy it.

What was your longest gameplay session, and how long can you play in one sitting nowadays?

Years
    • Seen today
    My oldest brother grew up on the Metal Gear series. He introduced me and would sit there and guide me through it (he had everything memorized).

I'd come home from school and play it immediately for about 4-5 hours.

On weekends about 8-9 hours.

Made it up to Peace Walker. I remember he left home permanently during this time. Without him it didn't feel the same. Was about halfway through Peace Walker and didn't touch the series again. Still retained fond memories of these long sessions.

Years
  • When I was in high school my buddy and I house sat for his aunt for three days. Besides sleeping, we played Cataclysm for the entire three days. Got real sweaty with it lol. Stocked up on Dew and snacks before hand and no lifed it hard. In one sitting, back in the day, I probably had at least one 16-18 hour League session.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Longest: Guesses World of Warcraft for around six hours at once. Would have involved a dungeon or raid going long. Incidentally might be one of the first few dungeons ever done (Uldaman) or the last Looking for Raid ever done (last part of Siege of Orgrimmar).

Now: Rarely plays for four hours straight. Typically takes a break to walk around or eat every two hours (approximately). Adds up to as much as six hours in a day. Occurs most often with Civilization 6 (trying to cap off a win) or maybe a new game.

Years
  • When I'm not busy with anything and have no school I used to play video games and mmo games for around 15 hours.

Years
  • I remember an annoyingly long free for all game in either Empire Earth or Empire Earth 2 that literally took me from like 9 in the morning till supper at around 7 in the evening to finish. No breaks except small ones for the toilet and drinks.

I pace myself more nowadays and will actively interrupt whatever game I'm playing if I notice it's afternoon and I still haven't eaten breakfast and lunch yet =P

Years
  • I could reel off huge numbers of games that have captivated me for 12+ hours in a day (Disgaea being prime suspect here), however recently a new patch came out for MedianXL (A Diablo 2 LOD mod) and I wasn't having a fun time on my character, so I made a new one and managed to get them to the same level as my current one...

...which meant me playing the game for about 26 hours solid and boy I hurt a LOT after that.

forg

ba-dum tssss. [icon]coffee-pot[/icon]
    Years
  • Oof, let's see… high school I used to spend hours of up to six playing Roblox (had a smaller sister & brother & both convinced me to join them. It was shockingly fun when playing together, albeit not alone). The same could be said for online mmorpgs such as Eden Eternal (my sister and I really got into these characters, sorta miss that time of my life).

Once I entered college and beyond it has been minecraft. Once I have a console again I'll get back into Minecraft, albeit I can't really pull off playing for more than one hour at a time without having to walk or do something for a few minutes in between. But despite that, I can pull off all-nighters playing the thing.

I miss you, minecraft.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Around 11-12 hours if I'm really into a game. Like for example when I first played Persona 5 (and Royal) or Witcher 3 - both games were so long that it was easy for me to just spend the entire day playing them. Witcher especially since I also played its DLC expansions right after beating the base game. I was recovering from surgery during my first playthrough of Persona 5 which tbh enabled me to just play from morning till night.

Nowadays, I can manage about 9 hours? Assuming it's a day off or I play right after returning from the gym.

Years
  • I remember one night YEARS ago, I forgot if it was Pokemon Sapphire or Ruby, but I spent a good 12 hours doing...who even knows....for a whole night. Needless to say, I didn't get any sleep and was exhausted the day after. Good times.

Years
  • Back when I was a wee egg, I played Harvest Moon on my Gamecube for 14 hours straight. I can't do that anymore. I have a hard time after two hours nowadays! (Probably for the best.)

Wyntilda

[span="font-family: 'times new roman'; letter-spac
    Years
    • Age 26
    • she/her
    • Sinnoh
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I think I played Splatoon 2 for like 30 hours straight or some absurd number like that; memory a bit blurred. It was right at the start of the pandemic so I didn't really have anything better to do.

Years
    • Age 19
    • she
    • SC
    • Seen Feb 2, 2023
    I spent like 16 hours playing Pokemon Shield a bit after it came out because I was sick of avoiding spoilers. Bought it at around noon and finished at like 4 or 5 AM the next day.... Not my proudest moment at all.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • In one sitting...? Probably 14 hours back when I played Platinum trying to beat it with only my starter in a test. But that was over a decade ago. I don't have the energy these days to play something for that long in one go, tbh. My attention is constantly on my writing, and my switch battery only last 4-5 hours, tbh, so I couldn't sit and play something for that long in one sitting.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Probably in middle school when I had a snow day. I woke up and played Super Mario Strikers Charged on the Nintendo Wii from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. I would play with one hand and eat both breakfast, lunch, and dinner with the other. Sometimes I was so focused I didn't even need hands to eat food, I was just able to make the food levitate to my mouth. I would only take breaks to beat my wii remote against the wall in frustration. Besides that, it was straight to gaming and there was not one, I repeat, not one, distraction that could stop me.

FullMetal_Ashheart

The Heart and Soul of Fire
    Years
  • I used to log 12+ hours almost every day on Final Fantasy 15 at the time the pandemic had hit, which I logged close to 152 hours overall. My job at the time cut my hours back to the point I was maybe working 1 to 2 days a week, so I used to spend most of the day playing while stopping to eat, take a bathroom break, or just to get up and walk around.

Back