• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official Feedback Request: Migration feedback

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • Thanks for the migration. It was one adventure.

Three things I'm noticing for now:

* Site favicon no longer seems to work: "/favicon.ico" throws a HTTP 404, and the site code doesn't seem to include a link rel for favicon in the <head> section.
    * Even tho I'm logged in, visiting the main index (and *specifically* the main index), shows as logged out, with the default theme. If I press "log in", or browse from there to any section, post or utility, I show as logged in once again.
    * The post editor / content box for profile signature etc, no longer provide the option for Full Preview, to see how the post / signature will look once posted. This is relevant in that the editor only provides Live Preview, which is limited to the default BBCode engine and at most a few of the custom tags.

Tried all three issues after clearing domain and site cache, they continue.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I've noticed that I can no longer edit my own posts which I have already sent, is this a side effect of the migration?
    hi!

can i say something?

are you gonna put back the edit button, that was there before to edit posts? :<
    I can't edit my own post/thread anymore... And I need to edit it for updates... I hope it can be fixed...

My thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/ds-style-gen-vii-and-beyond-pokémon-sprite-repository-in-64x64.368703/
    Can you please confirm if you still have this issue or if you can now edit your posts?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I can edit posts and my signature now.
    All the old likes from posts are gone tho
    Good to know!

We might be able to port over old likes later, but we'll see. For now we'll deal with more pressing issues and then revisit if we can get old like counts to be ported.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    * Even tho I'm logged in, visiting the main index (and *specifically* the main index), shows as logged out, with the default theme. If I press "log in", or browse from there to any section, post or utility, I show as logged in once again.
    I think someone mentioned this earlier, but if you log out and then log back in that should fix the issue. It worked for me anyway.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm getting this message upon saving my edit, and it's not saving: Please enter a message with no more than 80000 characters.
    It has now been increased to 120,000 characters.
    I can't see any user's mini bio... Not sure why.
    I can on clicking a username once... could be a usergroup permission issue. Is this an issue regardless of theme for you?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    In Games Showcase, the icons are removed. Same in resources, I lost more than 20 icons that I made. One of these icons had a little more than a week to shine and got removed.

All tags are apparently removed for Resources. This makes even worse since several thread prefix are removed this year (or the last one) and aren't added back yet, so filtering threads is a lot worse now.

I didn't find an option of showing more post per thread page. Where is it?

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Did we drop support for formatting here?

Attachments

• Migration feedback
      Screenshot 2023-11-26 at 14.48.34.png
      45.6 KB · Views: 12
    Years
  • Is there no way to go into a full editor mode when posting a new post? Because that's annoying.
    There isn't a full editor mode in default xenForo, but we might be able to look into an add-on later on. There are a few out there, but seem unsupported.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • In Games Showcase, the icons are removed. Same in resources, I lost more than 20 icons that I made. One of these icons had a little more than a week to shine and got removed.

All tags are apparently removed for Resources. This makes even worse since several thread prefix are removed this year (or the last one) and aren't added back yet, so filtering threads is a lot worse now.

I didn't find an option of showing more post per thread page. Where is it?
    Icons - can you please clarify what you mean by this?

Tags - they will be added back, but this has to be done manually, so will take some time. Might be in progress already...

Posts per thread page - not sure, maybe we could see if it's a simple add-on for xenforo...
    Did we drop support for formatting here?
    Migration feedback

tags work for me. Can you please confirm if this is forum section specific for you? But now I see I was ninja'd - yeah, not in usertitles sorry.

Is there no way to go into a full editor mode when posting a new post? Because that's annoying.
    Apologies - this may be added later on.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Icons - can you please clarify what you mean by this?
    Attached, at left. By "lost" in mean that these icons weren't used anymore. I still have my icons in the PC.

Attachments

• Migration feedback
      Icons Resources.png
      21.5 KB · Views: 7

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Probably the least severe issue and can be fixed by altering the bb code, but the preset post warning tags are malfunctioning on all prior posts that used this warning tag systen. Looking too wide on phone as well, streching the webpage.
    Migration feedback
    Migration feedback

Days
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Created an account just to share this: please, please, PLEASE set the default website theme to a dark theme, just like how it was before the redesign.

Back