• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the story behind your current avatar?

Years
    She's Demelza from Poldark. She's hard-working, loyal, down-to-earth, resilient, brave, loving, free-spirited, endearing, loves dogs. I am awe of the actress who plays her, Eleanor Tomlinson, so talented and beautiful.

What's the story behind your current avatar?

pkmin3033

The best Precure (Cure Rhythm) from the best Precure season (Suite) in the middle of her transformation. Dusk is Cure Melody :3

Years
    I've endured some pretty horrific events in my past, and I've had years of intensive trauma therapy as a result.

Several years ago, my lead trauma therapist asked me to come up with a protective figure. Basically, you try to "change" the end of your traumatic experiences in your mind, by having your protector saving you / comforting you / something similar.

I tried everything, and everyone, I could think of. Spiritual characters, cartoon characters, people I'd known. Absolutely nothing worked.

One day I was having a very torturous flashback and... there was Rapunzel, no idea why. It's really not something I want to talk about here, but Rapunzel has been my protective figure ever since. Rapunzel done more for me overnight than a decade of intensive therapy did.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen today
    This is Kabutops, my favourite Pokémon :)
    When I was a kid, I was fascinated by animals from the past (dinosaurs, but also everything before; I didn't like much the animals that lived after dinosaurs, they always felt like distorted forms of current species, which made them less interesting to me). I also had ~5 fossils of past invertebrates (one Trilobite, one Belemnite, and a few Ammonites).
    I loved that they introduced fossils into Pokémon, it made me feel like the game was well-thought and with some depth!
    Kabutops has always been in my teams whenever possible. And Kabuto is so cute.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I was talking to one of my friends, who had moved recently, and he sent me pictures of his new place. In one of the shots there was an Ivysaur figurine and my reaction was "Oh yes, perfect house, would live there, 10/10". He told me that it belonged to his recent-ish bf (whom I had never talked to) so he told him about my reaction and the bf started talking to me about how he liked Ivysaur too and showed me some really nice Ivy sketches he had made a while ago. At which point I asked him whether he'd make me a new avatar. And here I am.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    It's a rotating image of Sylveon pixel art I made that changes each time you reload the page. I'm at 10 sprites now but I'm slowly adding more.

That's the whole story. I love Sylveon lol.

Years
    i wish i had a cooler back story, but i just made my current avatar in a cool picrew i found a few months ago and thought it'd be funny to make it spin lol. picrews are literally where i get all my avatar inspirations anymore these days.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    She's Megan, my OC who keeps me company during lonely times and actually gives me courage to try out different things simply by being there.

Firebolt

Reach for my hand~
    Years
    I wanted to change up a little from my previous Edelgard profile, and since I was (still?) waiting on a commission to be complete, just went with my Discord profile at the time. Most of the friends I did the 2077 theme with went with Silverhand haha, but I thought this pic of female V of her E3 trailer render was pretty sick still can't believe they removed her black eye shadow, why would they do her dirty like that.

Years
    • Seen today
    I literally just haven't changed my avatar and signature for years, but it was part of an old staff collab where we did various characters from Smash. I'm usually a sucker for the bad guys in video games so I went with him...

...and it kinda stuck.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
    Years
    Well, my username is ElBurrito and I like Squirtle. So naturally Squirtle holding a burrito was a fitting avatar for a pokémon forum. Took a frame from the anime, cut out the food bowl and tears, threw in a burrito, then added a grass background and voila! Grumpy "you can't have my burrito" turtle!

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2023
    litwick is my favorite pokemon because it's so derpy and useless, i always put one on my team and try to beat the game with it

Back