• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your dominant hand?

Years
  • This came to me because I'm right handed, but I have a rotator cuff injury so using my right arm or hand is pretty much out of the question. I've been doing more with my left but I've noticed that it's weaker than my right. This is causing a bit of trouble.

Anyway, what hand do you use and what differences do you note?

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm left handed. Additionally have also noticed I don't have much strength with my right arm.

The Foogle

Gone For Good
    Years
  • I'm a hardcore Lefty and i've been like that ever since birth. I use my right hand for stuff other than writing, though!

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'm usually right-handed, but I can also do some things with my left hand, like loosening screws.

I've tried switching my dominant hand just in case, but found out that I get dizzy, nauseous and disorientated at worst, so for basic stuff I still rely mostly on my right hand.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Right-handed. Performs finer tasks (like writing and moving a mouse) better right-handed. Presumes it to be slightly stronger. Never really tests that much.

Swaps to left-handed for mouse stuff sometimes. Improved over time. Still lacks the speed and especially accuracy of the right.

Years
  • I write with my right hand. I noticed that whenever there is a bottlecap that is on really tight on a drink bottle I use my left hand to remove the bottlecop.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Right-handed for almost any activity, and when I was lifting weights, I noticed a significantly stronger grip on my left hand.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I am fully ambidextrous. Normally, I guess I would be right-handed normally, but I ended up hurting my right wrist and hand in an accident when I was younger, resulting in me having to use my left hand for a long time. Once my right hand healed, I became just as good at using my left hand compared to my right hand and now I am blessed with the ability to use both effectively and comfortably.

Years
  • My right hand is dominant, but the only thing it has over the left is precision tbh.

I actively use both hands during work, so strength wise they're on par with each other.

Years
  • I am indeed right handed. I noticed interesting things though. I can do some things with the left hand. For example, while I eat I can switch quite easily and my writing with left hand isn't good but also not terrible.
    I also noticed that in general I am stronger with my left arm, idk why lol.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I am right handed. My left hand is pretty useless at writing or lifting. If I am carrying something like groceries, I will use my right hand to carry like 5-6 bags and my left hand to carry 2 bags lol.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Right-handed!

Apparently left-handed mothers have a 90% likelihood of passing their hand dominance to their daughters. I forget where I read that statistic but if it holds any merit than I guess it's kinda neat that I ended up right-handed.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2023
    I am also right handed. But there are a couple of things I do with the other hand in contrast to other right handed people around me. Opening bottles, holding cards or a bow.

Back